What is my dog thinking?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Many of you know we have one pure bread Chihuahua silver spoon dog and another mix bread Chihuahua rescue dog.

Why does our little poly pure bread get so irate when our little rescue pup is covered with a blanket?

They get along well, play, sleep together and argue on occasion but for some reason as soon as the blanket covers Carlos, Leo GOES CRAZY! Uncover Carlos's face so Leo can see it and he calms right down, then cover Carlos back up and Leo goes nuts! I am talking about lashing teeth, growling like a little demon and fighting to get to Carlos under the covers.

My dear husband and I find it so funny and strange that Leo takes such issue with Carlos being covered up.

Any ideas what Leo is thinking? Why would it piss him off so bad?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well I know with my chi.s as soon as one of them is covered the other thinks it is playtime and starts jumping all over the other one .Maybe he thinks it is a monster waiting to get him from under the covers .I had 2 cats like that ,1 would crawl in the laundry basket and get under the clothes and the other 1 would his and growl and show his teeth and as soon I would pull the clothes off the other one he would calm down .I think pussy galore would do it just to get a rise out of sylvester purrbody .

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
sissy said:
well I know with my chi.s as soon as one of them is covered the other thinks it is playtime and starts jumping all over the other one .Maybe he thinks it is a monster waiting to get him from under the covers .I had 2 cats like that ,1 would crawl in the laundry basket and get under the clothes and the other 1 would his and growl and show his teeth and as soon I would pull the clothes off the other one he would calm down .I think pussy galore would do it just to get a rise out of sylvester purrbody .
I have nothing to add to this thread really except those are great cat names!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You need to put up a video pecan :biggrin:
Something about a hidden, moving, breathing being underneath a cover of darkness that brings out the fear in the best of us :cheerful:

Spooky76.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
should have seen peoples faces when I would say there names at the vets .Nurses at vets would just call out my name so they would no offend any one .Pussy galore was a 35 pound persian angora .When I would bring the crate in people thought it was a dog in it and then he would start howling at the top of his lungs .pecan it would make a great video for America's funniest home video's ,maybe they can make you some money .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Honey plays with our lil missy, by covering up his feet, hands with a blanket, then moving them. She goes crazy, growling biting digging, it is so funny.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
All I know is if I move my feet while I'm in bed my wife's she devil dog will snap bite what ever it takes, to let me know not to get in her space
I think it's just a crazy dog

Ask a Question