WHAT IS "NATIVE GRASS" [sold at LOWES]

Discussion in 'Garden Pond Talk' started by Mmathis, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Mmathis

Mmathis TurtleMommy

LOWES has a section where they sell the grasses. They are selling "Native Grass" for something like $12.95 a pot. But no one knows WHAT the grass is or anything about it. I tried to scan the bar code, but didn't come up with anything. I think I recognize the seeds as some from a plant I saw last year out at our local Boy Scout Ranch -- in fact, I think I grabbed some seeds from one, but never did anything with them. Was thinking of using it with the turtles.

Darn, I should have taken a picture! May have to run back by there today so I can post it. Want to say the nursery was out of SC.

Mmathis, Jul 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Mmathis

don't ask

interesting but not surprised as to not having the scientific or more common name attached... my guess would be grasses that grow in fields or pastures and maybe even ornamental grasses known for a particular region

don't ask, Jul 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Mmathis

taherrmann4 Tmann

Maybe birdgrass. Shame your not closer as I have so many extra grasses every spring when I divide them that half the time I end up throwing some out.

taherrmann4, Jul 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question