WHAT IS "NATIVE GRASS" [sold at LOWES]

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
LOWES has a section where they sell the grasses. They are selling "Native Grass" for something like $12.95 a pot. But no one knows WHAT the grass is or anything about it. I tried to scan the bar code, but didn't come up with anything. I think I recognize the seeds as some from a plant I saw last year out at our local Boy Scout Ranch -- in fact, I think I grabbed some seeds from one, but never did anything with them. Was thinking of using it with the turtles.

Darn, I should have taken a picture! May have to run back by there today so I can post it. Want to say the nursery was out of SC.

Reaction score
interesting but not surprised as to not having the scientific or more common name attached... my guess would be grasses that grow in fields or pastures and maybe even ornamental grasses known for a particular region

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Maybe birdgrass. Shame your not closer as I have so many extra grasses every spring when I divide them that half the time I end up throwing some out.

Ask a Question