What is this fish?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Meet Angelina Jolie. Resident of the Sandals Resort in Ocho Rios Jamaica. While there, I couldn't get anyone on the staff to ID this fish. Does anyone know what it is?

We could pet her even though she has teeth, the pond she is kept in has Koi in it that are just fine with her.

Attachments

• Angelina Jolie.jpg
    Angelina Jolie.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 310

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
She may be ugly to you but I bet her mother loves her to bits and she sounds like a very sweet gentle fish.................now we'll prolly find out it's a Pyrahhna with an identity crisis
fish9.gif

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
She is a gentle fish that would allow certain people to pet her. We were warned about the teeth however.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Shes so ugly shes cute....Shes a conversation fish !

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Kinda looks like this Giant Gourami
Though the Giant Gourami will grow into a very large strong fish, they make a very personable pet. They will come to know you and some people even report being able to pet their fish. They will need a very large aquarium, and because of their appetite will put a load on the water and the filtration. A weekly water change is recommended and needed.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]VQxvA5iZME0[/MEDIA]"]

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
It sure does. This one is tall and not very long. The one I photographed was longer and not so tall. Other than that, it has the face, color and fins of the Gourami.
Good catch JW!

The Real Koi Lady

Koi Professional
Reaction score
Oh man...i wish i could remember what it's called. They had them at the Palladium in Mexico too. They looked kinda like a koi/goldfish but not and had lotsa sharp teeth...i know because i hand fed them..lol. They were very friendly and behaved with my hand but i could feel their sharp teeth..kinda freaky but i sucked it up because i didn't want to give out any girly screams :yikesu:

Ask a Question