What is this on my fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have just been able to have the first proper look at my fish after the winter and I have noticed two different things. I have done a water test and everything is normal. Thank you in advance

1. This is my butterfly koi he’s about 1-2yrs old - there is that white patch next to his dorsal fin I can’t seem to tell if it’s something wrong or his colouring? He is eating and swimming perfectly normal and there isn’t any more of those marks on him or my other koi or goldfish.
67B6CAEC-04AB-4A87-89F4-ABC4634FBDD2.png

1. on my goldfish in an isolated place isn’t anywhere else on his body nor on the other fish. He’s acting completely normal swimming as usual and eating just like the rest. General well-being seems fine.
E4F39A9B-386B-456D-A920-B7285BB4B6B8.png

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
On the first pic, the white patch looks fuzzy. I had something similar looking on one of mine. Got a closer look and its just a color change. Gold fish looks like just color change. Keep and eye on the koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United Kingdom
On the first pic, the white patch looks fuzzy. I had something similar looking on one of mine. Got a closer look and its just a color change. Gold fish looks like just color change. Keep and eye on the koi
I don’t think the goldfish is a colour change part of the fin is missing where it’s gone over to the other side wnd looks a bit redish in some parts

Ask a Question