WHAT IS THIS PLANT?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This was a "replacement" for a freebie, but didn't come with a tag, sooo......

BACKGROUND: I placed an order from TRICKER, and was eligible for 2 FREE plants. When my order arrived, my 2 "freebies" were water lettuce, which is banned in Louisiana. I sent them an FYI email about it, of course not expecting a replacement, just wanted to let them know. I got an almost immediate reply, and they said that WL wasn't even supposed to go out as a "freebie," thanked me, and said they were sending a replacement. Before I could reply that the replacement wasn't necessary, I had an email saying it had shipped.

So after all that, I just don't have the heart to contact them about THIS "freebie."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 300

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No clue on that one but it looks like it might snake along in the water like a vine type. I have Creeping primrose but mine doesn't have leaves like yours does. Maybe just send them a thank you email w/ a photo of the plant asking what it is?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not certain, but the swollen stem internodes remind me of Neptune's Crown (Alternanthera aquatica, syn: A. hassleriana). The leaves look more narrow in the plant pictured here, but they may be immature.

Here is an image from the web for comparison.
alternanthera-aquatica.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
But the information is timeless. It will still help the next time that plant shows up on the Forum.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, the level of confirmation for any plant identification on the Forums will be based on similarity and an imperfect attempt at objective evaluation of the evidence.... but the date the thread was posted? Yes, that is irrelevant.

Ask a Question