What is wrong with my Angel?

Reaction score
I am working on trying to get an aquarium or tank I can get it into. I, too, am afraid that it may make the others sick.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have even used a 55 gallon drum as a hospital tank.
Ikea, if you have one has large plastic bins that will make a perfect tank for only $4. I'm planning on getting a few this week.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have even used a 55 gallon drum as a hospital tank.
Ikea, if you have one has large plastic bins that will make a perfect tank for only $4. I'm planning on getting a few this week.

Reaction score
well, my son and I managed to get the tank we use for my pleco in the winter, cleaned and refilled with pond water. The koi is in there. She is not happy, but she is big and definitely not used to cramped quarters. I am going to keep her in there and watch her for 12 - 24 hours. I think that my other fish have already been exposed to whatever this one has, but maybe they are healthy enough to combat the "bug".
I have never had any issues with this sort of thing before. My pond water is optimal, besides for a few issues of pH increasing when it rains here (and it can rain a lot here). My fish are healthy.. obviously this one had an issue... may just have to accept it and hope for the best.
Needless to say, I am sure I will not sleep very well tonight... guess it is silly how some fish could get into my heart so deeply!
Thanks for the advice and ideas. I will keep you posted on what happens with Angel. Say a prayer or cross your fingers for her!

Reaction score
well, my son and I managed to get the tank we use for my pleco in the winter, cleaned and refilled with pond water. The koi is in there. She is not happy, but she is big and definitely not used to cramped quarters. I am going to keep her in there and watch her for 12 - 24 hours. I think that my other fish have already been exposed to whatever this one has, but maybe they are healthy enough to combat the "bug".
I have never had any issues with this sort of thing before. My pond water is optimal, besides for a few issues of pH increasing when it rains here (and it can rain a lot here). My fish are healthy.. obviously this one had an issue... may just have to accept it and hope for the best.
Needless to say, I am sure I will not sleep very well tonight... guess it is silly how some fish could get into my heart so deeply!
Thanks for the advice and ideas. I will keep you posted on what happens with Angel. Say a prayer or cross your fingers for her!

Reaction score
This morning, we bought a 150gal tub and put her in it. There is a pump that is hooked up to circulate and aerate the water. Added the 0.3% salt, and found some fungus and bacterial products for "delicate" fresh water and salt water fish. It is not easy to see her with all that salty water, but she is hanging in there and I can see her moving, so she is still holding her ground in there. I will continue with these products in the tub for the allotted time they specified on the product package, until I can have some economy sized products sent to me (there is nothing I need here in town, no one even has as many products as I do now!) I will keep you posted. I have a good feeling about this set up and I keep saying my prayers that she makes it through with flying colors (as far as I can see, the areas have not gotten any larger, or worse looking, so I think there is hope!). All my other fish are doing well, just a little freaked out without the plants in the pond and one of their cohorts missing from the school!
Everyone say a pray and keep your fingers crossed! Thanks for all the help and advice! It is much appreciated.

Reaction score
This morning, we bought a 150gal tub and put her in it. There is a pump that is hooked up to circulate and aerate the water. Added the 0.3% salt, and found some fungus and bacterial products for "delicate" fresh water and salt water fish. It is not easy to see her with all that salty water, but she is hanging in there and I can see her moving, so she is still holding her ground in there. I will continue with these products in the tub for the allotted time they specified on the product package, until I can have some economy sized products sent to me (there is nothing I need here in town, no one even has as many products as I do now!) I will keep you posted. I have a good feeling about this set up and I keep saying my prayers that she makes it through with flying colors (as far as I can see, the areas have not gotten any larger, or worse looking, so I think there is hope!). All my other fish are doing well, just a little freaked out without the plants in the pond and one of their cohorts missing from the school!
Everyone say a pray and keep your fingers crossed! Thanks for all the help and advice! It is much appreciated.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Good luck. You might want to get some tetracycline for a good GP medication. Livestock feed stores sell it in 100 capsule size bottles.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Good luck. You might want to get some tetracycline for a good GP medication. Livestock feed stores sell it in 100 capsule size bottles.

Reaction score
I spoke to my vet, who specializes in exotic animals. I am sure he could give me antibiotics and my daughter is a vet tech so she could administer, but for now, I am going to stick with what he said, salt bath, the fungus and bacterial additives, and just watch how she does.
I am not sure how I would administer the tetracycline, anyway. How do you administer that to a fish?
Thanks for all your ideas... I am taking good notes and trying to follow them!

Reaction score
I spoke to my vet, who specializes in exotic animals. I am sure he could give me antibiotics and my daughter is a vet tech so she could administer, but for now, I am going to stick with what he said, salt bath, the fungus and bacterial additives, and just watch how she does.
I am not sure how I would administer the tetracycline, anyway. How do you administer that to a fish?
Thanks for all your ideas... I am taking good notes and trying to follow them!

Ask a Question