What is wrong with my Angel?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what fish. It has to do with the concentration for the water in your HT. Do you really think I would miss lead you? We are here to help.

I followed the directions on the bottle and my Koi survived. If you did this when advised, your koi might be on its way to recovery.

The time you have lost by not responding right away may have cost your Koi its life.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what fish. It has to do with the concentration for the water in your HT. Do you really think I would miss lead you? We are here to help.

I followed the directions on the bottle and my Koi survived. If you did this when advised, your koi might be on its way to recovery.

The time you have lost by not responding right away may have cost your Koi its life.

Reaction score
No, I never thought that at all! Had no idea that they had tetracycline for fish and how it was administered. After you wrote to me last, I pulled up a site that showed what each "fish antibiotic" was needed for what, what worked better, and how to administer.
There is no place here to purchase antibiotics for animals. I will have to contact my vet again today and see if he can prescribe or find me some antibiotics for my koi.
I can purchase at this site I found, however it will take too much time to get it here.
I will call my local feed store and see if they have anything I can purchase for my koi.
Considering where I live, what is available to me, what I have on hand, I think I have done the best I ever could for my fish. Today I will try and and locate antibiotics.
I'm sorry if you misunderstood my comments. I have listened to and done everything you have told me to do to help my fish. I am sure you know that I appreciate all the help. I have said that numerous times in our conversations.

Reaction score
No, I never thought that at all! Had no idea that they had tetracycline for fish and how it was administered. After you wrote to me last, I pulled up a site that showed what each "fish antibiotic" was needed for what, what worked better, and how to administer.
There is no place here to purchase antibiotics for animals. I will have to contact my vet again today and see if he can prescribe or find me some antibiotics for my koi.
I can purchase at this site I found, however it will take too much time to get it here.
I will call my local feed store and see if they have anything I can purchase for my koi.
Considering where I live, what is available to me, what I have on hand, I think I have done the best I ever could for my fish. Today I will try and and locate antibiotics.
I'm sorry if you misunderstood my comments. I have listened to and done everything you have told me to do to help my fish. I am sure you know that I appreciate all the help. I have said that numerous times in our conversations.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Livestock feedstores carry these and they are a lot cheaper there. $18 for 100 capsules. and they are fresh.
250mg Fish Cycline is the brand I bought.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Livestock feedstores carry these and they are a lot cheaper there. $18 for 100 capsules. and they are fresh.
250mg Fish Cycline is the brand I bought.

Reaction score
Spent the last few hours searching out antibiotics for Angel. The Livestock Feedstore have nothing even comparable. I contacted all 2 of the pond stores and they carry nothing. I have checked in 2 of the local saltwater fish/aquarium stores and they are not even open until Weds.
Can I used animal (dog/cat) tetracycline in the same doses? Either crush the pills into a powder or release the capsule into the water? I may have better luck going that route than this fish medication. I found on the API site, that they sell numerous antibiotics for aquarium fish, and I am going to see if I can find those locally. Think I will just call and order something from a pond site (if they have).
I am truly trying and will not give up!

Reaction score
Spent the last few hours searching out antibiotics for Angel. The Livestock Feedstore have nothing even comparable. I contacted all 2 of the pond stores and they carry nothing. I have checked in 2 of the local saltwater fish/aquarium stores and they are not even open until Weds.
Can I used animal (dog/cat) tetracycline in the same doses? Either crush the pills into a powder or release the capsule into the water? I may have better luck going that route than this fish medication. I found on the API site, that they sell numerous antibiotics for aquarium fish, and I am going to see if I can find those locally. Think I will just call and order something from a pond site (if they have).
I am truly trying and will not give up!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Lori said:
Just ordered 100 caps of 250mg Fish Cycline for $15 on Amazon.com, and having it expedited.

There you go! Tetracycline is the same, no matter what animal is on the label. It is the doseage that seperates them.

There will be directions on the label, follow them and make sure you stay on top of the required water changes.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Lori said:
Just ordered 100 caps of 250mg Fish Cycline for $15 on Amazon.com, and having it expedited.

There you go! Tetracycline is the same, no matter what animal is on the label. It is the doseage that seperates them.

There will be directions on the label, follow them and make sure you stay on top of the required water changes.

Ask a Question