What is your water temperature?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I thought there were previous threads on this but I couldn't find them.
At the end of May, my pond water is still only 38f/3c.
It will be a while for me before I see much activity in my pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine was 74, then went back down to 45, now crawling back up to 63F / 17.2C today.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
75 during the day 65 nighttime (this is my aquaponics system)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It does not take long to go down in temps. We were up in the 80-almost 90, then dove back down into low 40's, high 30's. With the bog running that is a lot of surface area that cools quickly and flows back into the pond. Once it starts to warm it takes longer to crawl back up in temperature. It was in early April we went back down into the low 40's. Then a few days of frost warnings. Recently we have had no sun, just lots of rain and cooler than normal temps, in the low 60's.

Those are some big swings in your size pond addy. How long did it take for your pond to swing that much?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine is at 70 at one end and 68 at the other end and guessing it is just the thermometers .Guessing after 80's next 2 days and sun it will go up .When it was raining it was down to 50 degrees

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
sissy, we need to convince Colleen to get a water thermometer. She gets such different results in her pond than I do. I'm convinced it's because of water temperature.
Surely the dollar store sells pool water thermometers.:p

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I buy those giant ones there ,they are not for the pond but can be used to check temps .My water down deep is at 74 degrees and guessing that is heat coming off the septic tank .Not sure about the other side of the pond .I can't find the thermometer .The end close to the septic tank looks like it is at 74 degrees ,I think ,can't see it good

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My pond is small, so it's pretty much whatever temperature the air is. I believe it was in the 90's yesterday. Luckily nothing living in it seems to mind.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Mine almost hit 70 yesterday, but with temps in the high 40's, low 50's at night, it drops considerably each night since it is above ground and only 425 gallons. My water hyacinth looks terrible. I'm not as concerned about this as I am my little tomatoes. They'll never grow with these unseasonable low night time temps. :mad:

Ask a Question