j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh sissy stop working so hard and just build a snow man and enjoy it all.
Soon it will be all gone and then you will cry

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no crying here I dislike snow .Snow man would probably get blown away by the wind the gust are now 55 and 60 miles per hour .Worse up here on the hill .HA HA your little person there looked like me when I did the back deck and a gust of wind blew a bunch of snow off the roof right onto me .That is what brought me back in, snow inside my coat and in my boots and covered by it BRRRRR

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I remember when we had a big snow. Loved it and wish it would come back soon. All we are getting is the darn rain. I always try to make good use of it cuz it doesn't last long.
jw skis jan. 2012.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Wow you guys are sure getting a good snow storm. We are out of a bitter cold spell. Closer to normal winter temps now. No major snow storms here yet this winter. Biggest was about 7". Your snow makes for beautiful pictures but glad we are not getting it here. Hoping you all stay safe and warm.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Are you getting any big bad storms this winter, jw?

Guess we had some bad rain storms while we were gone visiting addy in Az but no snow yet............I'm waiting and hoping maybe February will be better for us. Well my better anyways. Some would curse me here wishing for the white stuff

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Will that depth of snow affect your home heating, addy?
I'm wondering if you have a roof vent for a gas furnace that could become plugged and fill your home with carbon monoxide.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a heat pump. Which works sort of ok. Our propane stove is a small ventless one. No worries about snow plugging vent.
We also have 3 monoxide detectors in the house. Thanks for the thoughts. We want to convert to a propane heat system. A heat pump is worthless under 32 degrees.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If it keeps up like this addy your hives will be buried tomorrow! Hope the bees will be ok.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got a path dug along the sidewalk and then decided to check out the road. Another 40 feet of shoveling and I know where the road is supposed to be but no sign of it even with the plows and graders that went thru last night. 2 hours later and I cant see where I shoveled! The wind is horrible!. Wish I had thought about the deck. the doors and completely blocked with over 2 feet of snow and the same with the basement doors. I have had enough of winter- bring back the warm weather!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well no snow plow yet and it is close to 8 pm and now they say 46 for tomorrow and by tuesday we will be in the higher 50's .We have drifts outside because of wind over 4 ft high and can hardly see the pond .Tried to get out to the metal shed to get my other snow shovel but snow drifts were to high .Wind gusts hit the house hard a couple of times .I think it cracked one of my triple pane windows .It looks like a crack but is outside and sure not going out on the front porch to see ..

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is why I kept clearing front of my doors and just did it again before because wind blowing snow .Hope you can get to it mrsclem you sure don't want melting snow running in around the door or worse breaking the glass

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I got 3 ft of snow on the ground! Twice what was called for,the pond is a wet spot in my back yard. I hate winter.

Ask a Question