sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is hard on every thing because my trees have buds on them and they are not sure what to do .I have spring bulbs coming up everywhere and fish are swimming around looking for food .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This storm coming in may harm the bees more if it has the wind and rain they are saying we are going to get and then you add in the drop in temps at night .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sissy it would be better if it was cold, they will go into their hives and cluster like good little bees. The winds and rains do not bother them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
problem is that this weather will catch some of them off guard .They will get to far from the hive and freeze .That is how the guy who kept hives on my dads farm lost a couple of hives one year

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
True i wasn't thinking of that. I could see them flying in from the fields in a worthless seach for food

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are just ahead of the storm snowing where we were driving yesterday. Clear roads ahead, so far

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Weatherpeople are starting to make predictions on the storm we've known about for the past week. Glad to see that it's expected to curve just north of here. As of right now we're only expected to get about an inch of snow and mainly rain, and places an hour and a half north are expected to get 8"-12".

Hopefully there will be no minor changes that give us more snow. Now that we're in February, I'm becoming impatient, waiting for Spring. It's tough knowing that Spring could start in about a month, or it could be another 2.5 months away!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am at the stage of wait and see .One weather forecast tells you one thing and another tells you something else .I try to use the weather channel most of the time .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm waiting for next Sunday as most of that week ahead is supposedly supposed to be nice and sunny w/higher temps. This week rain off and on. February is not usually this nice and I'm not complaining :joyful:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
By Wedneday they say heavy rains and then temps only in the high 40's and mid 50's

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
40+ earlier! Dafodills are coming up, all kinds of bushes are budding out, grass is a beautiful emerald green wherever the snow has melted, robins are showing up sporadically..... IT'S FEBRUARY, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!
John

Ask a Question