addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never really melted, but now frozen even more solid. With the temps this week it is not going to melt anytime soon.

pond2.JPG
pond3.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
My ponds have been frozen, thawed completely twice now. They are back to frozen, but with the bogs going, and temps yesterday up to 26, the ice is very thin. Tonight, though, going down to 9 degrees. BUT, by next Thursday, up to the 50's they are saying. I love that I've not had to have any type of heater running on either of my ponds at all this winter. Sure has saved in electricity!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my pond is not frozen which surprises me .They say by next wednesday we will be back up to the 50's

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
The koi pond bog was shut off for nearly a month, after I had an ice jamb that channeled the water over the back edge one morning. Happily, I noticed it fairly soon, only lost about 2-3" of water, but shutting it off meant everything froze for a good while. With it running, and pulling warmer temps from below the ground surface, it seems to keep the pond water warmer. The open hole a couple of feet out from where the bog is overflowing seems strange to me ... You can see, though, that the bog is open water. I even noticed an iris trying to start growing this morning.
003.JPG
004.JPG

This is the goldfish pond. Snow on the plants that are above the water surface, but otherwise it's pretty open water. Much larger bog, means to me more warmth being pulled through the water.
006.JPG
007.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I turned my pumps off again and just have the aerator running They have been off since sunday of this week

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My pond still had an opening yesterday. -9 F this morning with a wind. It's froze all the way across now. My wife's friend is coming up Sunday. She's bringing her youngest boy (Maybe 12) Last year, I took him and his older brother ice fishing. It was their first time. His mom has already asked about doing it again this year. Last year wind chills were -55F I rented a heated shanty. It's only supposed to be -40 F this year. Lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very light snow flurries coming down now .I came up from the basement and there they were .Funny thing is it says icy on tuesday and then the next day it says 54 degrees .Got the fireplace going and it is nice and warm in here and nice and warm in the basement because the clean out for the ashes is in the basement and heat filters down with it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Funny thing is I went down no snow and I came out and it was snowing .I don't think it is enough to stick .HAHA if it is snowing in the basement then my house is gone .Have to go out and put my truck under the carport .Went grocery shopping yesterday and parked by the side door to unload and to lazy to go out and move it

Ask a Question