sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can come down here and live Colleen .At least we don't have a really long winter and there is a house here for sale with a professional built pond of 10 thousand gallons already in place and house is a bonus at 124 thousand

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Typical Reno weather, it'll warm up long enough for the fruit trees to bud out, then a good hardy frost to kill em all. Happens almost every, so disappointing to have multiple assorted fruit trees and only get a harvest every few years.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Both ponds frozen and snow covered (just a dusting from last night). There is a small section open on both from the pond breathers plus 100w heaters with an air stone running in the middle. We will see if they stay open with single digit temps today with wind chills around 0.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Same here, dusting of snow, 17 degrees, wind chill bouncing down to zero. Ponds frozen, big pond has a hole where the small pump is running, shallow end, both have pond breathers in them.

Pond is 35f.
pond4.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Got down to I think 7 here this morning, but loving the sunshine! Come here, Colleen! Bright sushine today, but man it's cold! At least the wind finally layed early this morning, as it was blowing like a banshee all night long. I have a very large wind chime, and going to put my weather station up today, so I know exactly what wind speed makes the big chimes ring. I'm guessing more than 15 mph, maybe more like 20, but we shall see. I've had the station for 6 months, got it on clearance, just never put it up. Thinking on my deck might miss some of the NW winds, so thinking of putting it on my windmill tower, make a platform out of 2x4's. I know it has to be very solid and sturdy, so we shall see. Probably won't do it today, still only 10 degrees, -6 wind chill. I don't want it up THAT bad!
No open water this morning, all totally frozen over, but I can hear water running in 3 places. :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Well, Old Man Winter finally arrived last night! :cold: MINUS 22 F when we got up this morning, now up to -15 or so. Windchill around -30! :eek: Think I'll stay indoors today. It's supposed to warm up again by Monday.
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We were warmer this am then yesterday, but the day is staying colder and the wind is howling!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't you wish you were in AZ?
yes and no. I like the cold break, gives you time off from all the yard work.
They are sitting around 80 right now. I really don't like heat.........

One thing I would have loved to do is hang around for the spring flowers. Death Valley is having a super bloom, so will the valley. The right amount of rain, nice cold and the seeds go crazy once it starts to warm up. It is beautiful.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
last night and even today the winds are still bad here .Well my credit card nightmare continues ,I was supposed to get the new card yesterday or today and nothing today and even asked mail lady if she forgot anything .It was not our regular mail lady .I called the credit card company and they said my husband signed for it this morning ,well interesting since he was still sleeping when the mail came and I took mail out since my son signed to get a pick up and I took the mail out to her .Police where here and they downloaded the video from the security cameras and they went to the post office .They took video from yesterday and today and both times it was me who took the boxes out to them and got the mail from them and day before that and day before that .Does this sound like an inside job with a postal worker or what

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Doesn't sound very good sissy!

Cloudy and rainy today w/no chance at all of the slightest ray of sunshine here. Oh well we will go out tonight and have a seafood feast and enjoy the evening. We never go out much to eat but celebrating our anniversary early. 47yrs married on Monday :love:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ever since they closed a post office here and put new people in my post office 2 months ago people have been complaining .Teri has always been my mail lady (over 11years) since I moved here and the last month I have had a guy deliver quite a few times and seems things have been happening since he has been delivering .Sun is out here but the wind is bitter cold ..I will be married 43 years on thursday the 18th .So happy Anniversary to you and your hubby JW .Have fun and eat hardy :):love:

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Doesn't sound very good sissy!

Cloudy and rainy today w/no chance at all of the slightest ray of sunshine here. Oh well we will go out tonight and have a seafood feast and enjoy the evening. We never go out much to eat but celebrating our anniversary early. 47yrs married on Monday :love:
My sky today 57*
002.jpg
;).... You guys make my 26yr marriage seem paltry.

Ask a Question