What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks. Still scared 4 my life though. Big sister scared the crap out of me years ago when I was small about dentist so it's a deep seeded fear that I can't shake. Making fresh coffee... less than one hour till appointment. I am going to be brave and try not to quiver in the chair!! My whole family is scared to death of doctors and my older brother who is now 56 has never been back to dentist (or doctor) since he ran away as a child. He must have mouth full of rotten teeth. Not sure how he eats! My love of food forces me to keep my chompers well taken care of dispite my fear..

Sum is shining so bright and weather is soooooo nice I swear the earth must have tilted and now I am closer to the equator! Sure feels like it this winter!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You will be fine Colleen. I get nervous also as I had braces when I was a kid and they tortured me every week getting those things tightened! I clench my fists and dig my nails into my hands to counteract feeling any pain that I might feel when they clean my teeth.
So far I have survived

Going out to visit our nice sunshine soon now.
Temps will be Springy here :smuggrin:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have gone from a toasty massive 61 degree summer t storm yesterday to SNOW today. Not a lot, ground to warm and wet for it to stick, but it is snowing.

55 this am now 40 wind chill 30

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sitting trying to catch my breath. Just had two needles and still shaking. They left me alone now so teeth can freeze
I remember way back long ago in elementary school, was caught walking on side of school building again, and was on my way to see the principal. I kept thinking what would my hands look like and how red would they be after getting "The Strap"! , To help overcome my fear I would think.... it could always be worst. .... I could be going to the DENTIST!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The strap.........wow, they were not allowed to touch us kids. Glad you are good now colleen

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Had to nap after all that trama. The principal used to threaten tp give me the strap if I was bad I remember how worried I was that I would get the strap, when I got there, he gave me a stern talking too about walking up high along the edge of ledge that went around the old Elem Street School. I used to walk up high there cause I could pick more caterpillars from trees nearby. That principal asked me to hold out my hand flat, so I did trembling, and then the Principal pulled out the strap and said I should get "three" straps for walking up high on ledge cause I was told repeatedly not to be there... somehow that principal let me off the hook "Scott free"! Boy was I lucky!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well yesterday was winds gusting up to 70 miles per hour and last night 55 miles per hour and today down to 40 to 50 miles per hour and tonight is supposed to be the last night of wind blowing

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Had to nap after all that trama. The principal used to threaten tp give me the strap if I was bad I remember how worried I was that I would get the strap, when I got there, he gave me a stern talking too about walking up high along the edge of ledge that went around the old Elem Street School. I used to walk up high there cause I could pick more caterpillars from trees nearby. That principal asked me to hold out my hand flat, so I did trembling, and then the Principal pulled out the strap and said I should get "three" straps for walking up high on ledge cause I was told repeatedly not to be there... somehow that principal let me off the hook "Scott free"! Boy was I lucky!

We had "the strap" at my elementary school too.
It was used mainly for kids that got into fights or did some vandalism.

That didn't stop the teachers from threatening to use it though!:eek:
I still cringe when I hear the term "the strap"

All the strap did was make mean kids even meaner.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't recall the strap or even mention of it. But I never got in trouble. Just picked on by all the kids since my dad was a child psychologist and he worked on the juvies that went to school with me and all knew I was his kid. I hated high school. No good memories of it.

Windy and cold today again, I was going to clean the bog surface, too darn cold to work in water out there with that wind howling.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We're supposed to get to 63f here today.
The 6 inches of snow we had has turned into 2 inches of solid ice.
Taking the dogs for a walk is treacherous.
The temperature keeps fluctuating between above and below freezing.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are supposed to head to 60 on Sunday and the rest of the week will be around high 50's. Tomorrow I hope to be able to muck around in the bog 44 and sunny. Too darn cold again to mess in water.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They lied they said wind was supposed to calm down .Here supposed to still be coo;er here today but warmer tomorrow 50's and then rest of the week mid 60's and up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The strap.........wow, they were not allowed to touch us kids. Glad you are good now colleen
In my early days, my first grade school had grade 1 through 6. There was 3 rooms. 1st and second shared a room ect... During recess in 1st grade, I got the idea I would kick the school door and run, before the female teacher opened the door and catch me. I did this the next day, too. A second grader grabbed me until the teacher came out. After recess and we were all back in the classroom. (both grades) The teacher called me up to the front of the class. She pulled down my pants, and spanked me hard with a wooden ruler, in font of the whole class, multiple times. Then, she made me walk to the bathroom in font of the class, to get dressed.
I never kicked that door again. I didn't tell my parents either. That would have been worse.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
When I first went to school in NJ we went to an old army barracks until the school was built .It was near Hadley airport in South Plainfield .They used wood burning stoves to heat the place .It was nice to have a school with real heat .They demolished the barracks and put in Pete's golf range .We moved in right across the street from the airport when we first moved to NJ and the 287 was widened and house was demolished .

Ask a Question