What is your weather like ... today

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Yesterday was fantastic! And I was at work. Today woke up to high winds and gloomy skies.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm hearing the "S" word being used for Wednesday night's storm. I'm hearing it could be a significant amount. As you can imagine, I'm not in a permanent cringe until then. The last thing I want is a late-March snowstorm. Snow is not rare this time of year, but we never get more than a couple inches, so it would be a bit ironic that we've had a Winter with warmer and drier weather, and then start Spring with a snowstorm. It's days away yet, and we're close to the rain-snow line, so anything is possible. At this point, even an inch is way too much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
A snowy first day of spring here. It was 40F earlier and snowing, not fair! Nothing is sticking yet but it's really coming down now.

EDIT: Literally in the past few minutes it started sticking! lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Typical of Illinois weather (and a lot of other states, especially in the Midwest). These pictures were taken only about an hour apart yesterday, first day of Spring. Snow was beautiful, big fat flakes, not much wind, and it actually stuck for a little while. Then the sun came out! Day ended windy and chilly, but I still got some weeding done ... after getting my taxes completed on-line. Man, no idea why I dread doing taxes, as I do them myself with Tax Act on-line, and yes, it takes a while to read all the stuff, but for $18, you sure can't beat it!!!
Snow.JPG
Sun .JPG

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Really nice yesterday! Went for a long walk on the beach... almost no wind, cool but sunny, so it seemed warmer than it was. Today, windy with sporadic sunshine, only about 36 F.
John

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We're still waiting for possibly the worst snowstorm of the season. One forecast model is suggesting up to 20", others much less. If the storm shifts just a little north, we may end up with almost nothing and more rain. If it shifts south, we may get the worst of it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Now forecasts are showing the winter storm curve just north of here. We may see an inch or less, but 50-100 miles north will get 12". So that'll be nice, unless things change.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Calling for snow on Thursday, up to 8" or so, as well as freezing rain. Hope they're wrong! :eek:
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
60 today, 70 tomorrow, 72 thursday, then it wanders back down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Windy windy WINDY here today and the next few. Temps in the 60/50's for highs/lows though, so that's nice. Going down to near freezing Thurs. night, but otherwise well above that, mainly 40's and 50's. I have seedlings of lots of different types of flowers growing so hoping for no more freezing nights! I guess the peepers were heard here about a week ago, and now I've had one night of "ice on the puddles" and there are supposed to be 2 more before spring is here to stay. I home the old saying is wrong this time!

Ask a Question