water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I worked up a sweat, digging for gold on the beach. :cool:
I will be glad to get home in about 10 days, to the house and ponds. My fish are going to be very hungry.
Did you find any?

We enjoy leaving, always love coming home again.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
My weather is awesome today!
027.JPG

White plums bursting out! Only hope we don't loose them to weather this year again.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our peaches are in full bloom, a hard freeze would wipe them out has happened a few years.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ours too all blossomed out w/tons of blooms. Plum and Peach. Didn't get hardly any last year. Was nice enough today to mess around out by the pond hooking up extra pump. Have one now to falls and one just for the filter. Before one ran both. More money to run but who cares, the pond and fish are what is important!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
What a gorgeous day so far this Easter morning! I sure wish I had gotten up early and gone to sunrise services at The Cross! Darn, but I was sooooo tired last night. I feel awful now, though.
Supposed to be 70 today with possible t-storms this afternoon. I have lots of things planned for outside today. 60-70 for highs all week, then next weekend .... I don't even want to SEE that! I see 29 for a low one night. Grrrr ... went to Garden Center yesterday and one of the employees mentioned 20's and I thought she was talking wind chill. Nope ... Hoping that changes by the time next weekend gets here. :) My Patio Peach is blooming, and noticed Weeping Cherry and regular and Weeping Red Buds are also beginning to bloom!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Addy and JW, do either of you ... or anyone else for that matter ... know what these plants are in my bog? I don't remember having them, or at least not so many last year. I got Bog Bean last year, and there were quite a few plants. Could that be what these are? I have a feeling they are something else, but can't for the life of me remember what they are. I know the small round leaves are penny wart.
Water bog plant.JPG

And now ... back to the weather. LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Think I sent it to ya and looks like some kind of Creeping Primrose or also called a species of Ludwigia. Should get a yellow flower if it's the one I sent.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CE this is my bog bean just getting going. My ludwigia , creeping primrose, is growing sort of like yours above. It is ahead of the bog bean, which is just starting.

The bog bean is in the fishless deck ponds, I still have not cleaned from winter.

KAur9htTR8txQh_b6_8r1HscuoPIHQoX1NFejwH2KBxmQrLdrFLqs7isrR-TZ_53Tqxgix8XZof0DJ3svJq9tEGEfzaVnfifaIplPY_EwDeDY1SNaG6cVLhH7noUhc5DbcoRquHcVkvC8GrioknP9bwkT44t3BhzGB4CO4opfhmXy0AC5Tft7dna0pJCj0p_-sl_KnpNmnwS86AkjxKSSiXzi5Y7qaiTklBYRp9_s_wnASGscWKNBwtbRLIWOgU1kZgbIuLCtXamd55bXN1iO84HyA3MCcAjld_sl7BxGqR7iOfihJZ3sXfjvWxNHRnYaogrAvHKITwAY9v2dVNSacywCEoVci0gc0ufgjAjZP6hYXe6e4hs85czqkrrC59v1qafe6KSeiMzsDdDjOoY1_KFOzW8aJdgNyffH1zJ6OD-9-eIhq-tMAMeUwWNvHOveIwXlQXnpjTLOzJ8c4U4LznYeTJpPa6E9mC6r0S74akWTLR42VjYEu8dpLck8Pw7u_DjQLSk4Sw2EYxq_kNj4Wvrfbn3FFmt1UbzhbDNhgZGSPXV_SvUEbqSkx0aRVAHvfc8jw=w805-h1428-no
GkgCSlhQywVYxWdyjvO59TKtU2BhjH0Fqc9Kp9UlvsqBz8Fu4lXXyjUcsheEGKLbbfwwCNcfXmqY9CnE72xOuEBLoN5TBIa2-rC_cPRBrF0jEtDMlrKg5shiO_PC7H3WlsuIrOx4L-6mzUN8a-JLoX-0nk_BtkQlo4JJ8vKjlEJy9Ad-TJUZJfFhV-hmbq9gyK-rqH7Cv3Ns_43D8zIjz52gEulAKIwaFLGDEDRnWfCNMqIyyVe40_nkHe_hXYG2KwkONZhHwXtLSGwHawVR06EvSR5KFUFh9ml7tWmFusJJ-oo7c2CM3reW_JlmBwODPfI-ibzKMjlXEj7jUV0HD4W9Wb16NEuDajB1D_yrxVdHO6Lu1xD9VkZJZrisA8h0KOSkd7Pdk3fEtyd4ilB7j9aMQF2sRhovvu1Pv7Fwj3B22hClW0ch6Nlh3cArnkdCkGBii3cduNl0zRjfXcLqlAfRNicNHMhbmfLMwB2zJhmdyzEBlUSrmivmY9AKprm_RrtyJ3hnP7AN4CVf0APFWWSUrmE2kH1A0eOkCU-GgKth63Koa0MWSe8dSF57zYhzJC4l6A=w805-h1428-no

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, going to put a tag in that bog so I remember what to call it! LOL Once I see the name, then I can look it up in pics, and know what it is. Geesh ... I know I have asked that before, too.
I have the bog bean in the koi bog, too, and I think it's coming up there, but not sure. You are a bit ahead of me, so maybe soon ...
Thanks, ladies!!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
OK, going to put a tag in that bog so I remember what to call it! LOL Once I see the name, then I can look it up in pics, and know what it is. Geesh ... I know I have asked that before, too.
I have the bog bean in the koi bog, too, and I think it's coming up there, but not sure. You are a bit ahead of me, so maybe soon ...
Thanks, ladies!!!
If it gets pretty white flowers, bog bean. It will bloom way earlier than the other. And stay short, 5-6 inches vs feet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Supposed to be 70 today with possible t-storms this afternoon. I have lots of things planned for outside today. 60-70 for highs all week, then next weekend .... I don't even want to SEE that! I see 29 for a low one night.
We drove down to Bloomington-Normal for Easter dinner with friends. The weather was nice and warm, but everything went downhill around 4-4:30 when the cold front moved through. My friends' kids got stuck at the park in the rain and their aunt had to go pick them up!

I am not looking forward to the chill next weekend, either. My dad is visiting from out of town Wednesday-Sunday... I already warned him we've had great weather up until this coming week. :/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Debating on going diving off the treasure coast today. The air is petty steamy, and the wind is picking up. Kinda reminds me of last year, when we tried a shore dive at Lauderdale by the sea. It started pouring, lightning and torrential rain. Maybe we will just look for treasure on the beach. Lol

Ask a Question