What is your weather like ... today

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Addy and JW, do either of you ... or anyone else for that matter ... know what these plants are in my bog? I don't remember having them, or at least not so many last year. I got Bog Bean last year, and there were quite a few plants. Could that be what these are? I have a feeling they are something else, but can't for the life of me remember what they are. I know the small round leaves are penny wart.
View attachment 90003
And now ... back to the weather. LOL
Bog bean has three-lobed leaves. Yours looks a little like Marsh Marigold to me, but the leaves are a bit too elongated.
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Debating on going diving off the treasure coast today. The air is petty steamy, and the wind is picking up. Kinda reminds me of last year, when we tried a shore dive at Lauderdale by the sea. It started pouring, lightning and torrential rain. Maybe we will just look for treasure on the beach. Lol
Last time we went diving off of West Palm Beach, final certification dive for my honey, recerting my self ( I have a rescue dive level cert) . The ocean was at the 4-5 foot wave level (unknown to us) They take us out anyways. No problem getting into the water, murky very strong current. The dive master goes after a lobster, leaving me, hubby three new divers on our own, being swept down coast. As he disappears to view, I finally gesture to all the divers to go down and grab rocks. That is how the dive master found us hanging onto rocks.

Now we try to get back on the boat. I am not weak, but try to grab a ladder that is, with every wave, way above your head then crashing down, full dive gear. I was just ready to dump the gear when the idiot on the boat gabbed my vest to help me get on board. I was exhausted.

Needless to say we never dove with them again.
So have fun, but be careful. I think they did not want to cancel and lose the bucks, idiots. The worse diving we ever had was in Florida, other trips to.

Today, back to the weather, rainy fog, cool. Great for the plants. Good water change for the pond.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Well if you saw my Saturday weather pic you'd understand that I'm very upset with todays weather :( had no fruits last year and don't expect any this year after the next few days of January like weather.
001.JPG
002.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
In Nevada, Peter? WTH?????
We had beautiful weather yesterday, Easter Sunday, until about 3:30 and then all of a sudden, after light southerly breeze all day, here came brisk NW winds, temps dropped tremendously in just 10 minutes. I had to hurry to gather all my garden tools and buckets and get them secured, then fed the horse and mule and got back to the house just as the rain started. At first it was very light, then thunder and lightening arrived, and rain came harder, but still only think I got about 1/4" of rain. My beagle, Smokey, does NOT like thunder. He NEVER sits with me in my recliner, this was a first for him. At least he slept and seemed not to be afraid until the storm passed.
045.JPG

Today, about 25 degrees cooler than yesterdays 78, but it was sunny. Warmer tomorrow, in the mid 60's. Got to soak up the warmth while we can, because one final (hopefully) cold snap is predicted for Sat. a.m. in the high 20's!
Haro, the leaves in the picture are about 6" long. I wish I had a marsh marigold! These are something that really likes my bog! I finally got the penny wart somewhat under control, pulled buckets and buckets of it last year, and now this is thriving. If it makes flowers, I'll be happy ... at least for a while. LOL

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
What our weather was like on Monday...."The 6.8 inches of snow at Reno-Tahoe International Airport broke an 118-year-old record for that date"... And then 70's this weekend!?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The day was cool but we reached 60°F tonight just before it started raining. 40's and 30's for the next 6 days, along with rain and snow. I see a 50 degree day a week from now. I always hope that'll be the one that doesn't return us back to cold and snow, but we don't seem to be there just yet.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
75 today, tomorrow then back into the 50's , 30's at night.

Ask a Question