addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sigh.................snow coming, darn Canada is sending down another polar clipper. Keep it up there you all!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
No way, you are lying, Mitch ... right? Only getting up to 48 here, and it's 42 now ... going down to 29 tonight, and that WILL BE THE LAST TIME BELOW FREEZING! Cause I said so, that's why! LOL I sure hope so anyhow. I see 70's next week, and nothing below 33 for lows in the 10 day forecast, and that's in the next 4 days. Well, I'm hoping anyhow ....
Addy, my bog bean are not that far along, just saw beginnings of leaves last weekend. Went out and checked this morning and they are not much bigger than on the weekend. Hope yours don't get frosted off. I would think that moving water would keep that from happening, or are they in "stil"l water so far this year?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Warm today but winds need to go away .Supposed to be windy again tomorrow .At least the winds are not as strong today and supposed to be in the 60 's with lots of sun 1 more frost sunday morning.Great thing is this weather is great for all the new grass that is coming up and my lawn looks great

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put a small pump and filter in the deck pond since it only runs when the stream pump is running. The small filter is keeping the water nice. So the water is flowing. The fuller, above water leaves show the damage. the flower buds are all above water surface. We have snow and two nights of freezing coming, I am thinking of a way I can support a cover. The problem is we are having horrendous winds, nothing will stay in place.

Addy, my bog bean are not that far along, just saw beginnings of leaves last weekend. Went out and checked this morning and they are not much bigger than on the weekend. Hope yours don't get frosted off. I would think that moving water would keep that from happening, or are they in "stil"l water so far this year?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They were gusting last night here 50 mph and are at 15 to 25 today and tonight and tomorrow the same .So expect more winds Addy ,sad to say as these winds would be nice come summer hot days and that is when we don't get them

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
25 F this morning, pond frozen over, lightly snowing.... I think the calendar lied to us. Spring has been cancelled this year!! :mad: I'm moving to Oilberta!
John
Almost forgot.... WINDY AS H###!!

Last edited:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Not to brag... :ROFLMAO:(y):whistle::singing:
Ok to totally brag, I was outside mowing the yard in shorts last night around 7. It was 81 and gorgeous.
You can remember this and mock me during hurricane season.
Much love to all you snow birds....
Yeah, well I was out in shorts, T-shirt and sandals this morning, shoveling snow!
John :p

Now I just have to make an appointment with the doctor to see about this frostbite.....:oops:

Ask a Question