sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
saw there was a school shooting in Maryland sad when schools were always safe places

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
That is HORRIBLE that people were not allowed to return home for their pets:( There was recently a house fire in our neighborhood and their dog died. Hubby and I have been talking about what we'd do, in the event of a fire....very scary.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That is HORRIBLE that people were not allowed to return home for their pets:( There was recently a house fire in our neighborhood and their dog died. Hubby and I have been talking about what we'd do, in the event of a fire....very scary.
It's scary. My wife and I were living in NY. On December 27, 2010 at 1:00 AM, our daughter came into our bedroom screaming, her bedroom was on Fire. This was during a true blizzard. I went into her bedroom, and saw the curtain on fire. I put it out with a blanket, then watched the whole sheetrock wall turn red. Within 5 seconds, I could see the studs and red coals flickering on the studs. It was the most scary, evil thing I have ever seen.
We got the dog and everyone out. My wife quickly brushed the foot of snow off the car and my truck. When the vehicles were moved from the house, I made two trips back inside, for some rare collectibles. The sheriff was chasing me on the second trip. I figured he could arrest me, when I got back out. My wife had lived there for 45 years. She only made it out with her pajamas and wedding rings. 5 towns came but, the house burned completely to the ground.
It used to be an old grainery in the 1700's. Ironically, their house burned in the 1800's, and they turned the grainery into their house.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow Mike that is bad.
My hubby went to diner with his previous wife and kids. They came back to their house on fire, stood there and watched it burn to the ground. Lost everything, even his pups.

I can't imagine it.

Doing nothing but raining here. an inch today

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
66 today but sun and clouds and tried to mow the front yard but it was just to wet yet so mowed the side yards .Guy who owns the lots across the street was here and he asked me if I would buy the 6 -1 acre lots across the street from him .I sure don't want it .But a thousand dollars an acre is not bad but it is not the best land either .I told him 500 was the best I would give for each .Taxes are 12 dollars for each lot .Not the best looking lots either .There is a ditch pipe and stream that goes down the middle and a stream in the woods back there that connects to it .

Attachments

• sunny day 003.JPG
    sunny day 003.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 118
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Mike, that is a horrifying story and I'm very sorry your family went through that. This neighborhood house fire has everyone feeling unsettled....they lost their family dog, but more tragically they lost their adult son.

Weather was beautiful here today, sunny and around 70.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It's scary. My wife and I were living in NY. On December 27, 2010 at 1:00 AM, our daughter came into our bedroom screaming, her bedroom was on Fire. This was during a true blizzard. I went into her bedroom, and saw the curtain on fire. I put it out with a blanket, then watched the whole sheetrock wall turn red. Within 5 seconds, I could see the studs and red coals flickering on the studs. It was the most scary, evil thing I have ever seen.
We got the dog and everyone out. My wife quickly brushed the foot of snow off the car and my truck. When the vehicles were moved from the house, I made two trips back inside, for some rare collectibles. The sheriff was chasing me on the second trip. I figured he could arrest me, when I got back out. My wife had lived there for 45 years. She only made it out with her pajamas and wedding rings. 5 towns came but, the house burned completely to the ground.
It used to be an old grainery in the 1700's. Ironically, their house burned in the 1800's, and they turned the grainery into their house.

Wow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Fire would be one of the worst things I could imagine happening. Glad you all who had fires made it out safely but sorry for losing so much of your past memories in the things you treasured. Pictures on tv of that horrible fire in Fort McMurray are unbelievable! What on earth are all those thousands of people gonna do? Hope they all have family or friends to help them out. Will the gov't rebuild for them that lost their homes? The place looks like a dead zone now. Can't imagine starting all over w/all that devastation :(

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hot windy and dry in Southern Alberta. Thank goodness we are not surrounded by forest, just prairie. Was so happy that we were having such nice weather all winter, until Fort McMurray burned down, and now I see my vine has tons of bugs early in season.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Wet, damp, moist, soaked, dripping. These words describe my weather for the last 5 days.
I miss the sunshine.

Ask a Question