j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well @sissy now that you mention it..............
Ark plans.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Its been blechy here last couple days. Chilly and rainy. We even had a fire yesterday. Unusual in mid May but not unblessed. With the drought the worst here in years, rain and cool is a good thing.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Fire near here too burning lots of trees. This is about 10 miles away from us. We are safe and no homes involved. The rain is a good thing for this but it's only mist and not heavy like they need.
OsoWildfire.JPG

OSO, Wash. -- The state Department of Natural Resources says the Hotshot Fire burning near Oso was 20 percent contained Saturday afternoon.

Officials say cooler winds from the west increased humidity and calmed the flame front, which has charred about 130 acres.

More than 100 firefighters are working on the fire, including engines from Snohomish County, the Washington State Department of Natural Resources and the United States Forest Service.

The fire, which started around 6 p.m. Thursday, is burning along a slope in a logging area belonging to DNR off Highway 530.

Investigators haven't yet determined the cause of the fire. There are no reported injuries.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Fire near here too burning lots of trees. This is about 10 miles away from us. We are safe and no homes involved. The rain is a good thing for this but it's only mist and not heavy like they need.
View attachment 91056

OSO, Wash. -- The state Department of Natural Resources says the Hotshot Fire burning near Oso was 20 percent contained Saturday afternoon.

Officials say cooler winds from the west increased humidity and calmed the flame front, which has charred about 130 acres.

More than 100 firefighters are working on the fire, including engines from Snohomish County, the Washington State Department of Natural Resources and the United States Forest Service.

The fire, which started around 6 p.m. Thursday, is burning along a slope in a logging area belonging to DNR off Highway 530.

Investigators haven't yet determined the cause of the fire. There are no reported injuries.
Oh noes! couple years ago, a fire ran through a local neighborhood here and wiped out many many homes. After that, our neighborhood hard pressed to clear underbrush and generally clean up. What money they were going to dedicate to a dog park and communal gardens, instead was used to beef up our local fire dept. I hope everyone stays safe there!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@KC Crook We are safe, thanks and I think if the weather stays wet here and not hot sun for awhile all will be ok. No human lives lost but think of all the animals and their nests and young that they have just given birth to recently. Sad for them. A fire through a neighborhood would be awful and how hard to start all over again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
@KC Crook We are safe, thanks and I think if the weather stays wet here and not hot sun for awhile all will be ok. No human lives lost but think of all the animals and their nests and young that they have just given birth to recently. Sad for them. A fire through a neighborhood would be awful and how hard to start all over again.
aim glad to hear people are safe. The animals will be ok too. Fire is a force of nature they are better equipt to recover from then we are. (If its not too often, of course.)
The community has come together beautifully and people are recovering. Our fire was coined, The Boles Fire, because thats the road it started on, and we are a timber community. So the high winds that feed us (drying the wood quickly), can also doom us. Some guy was prosecuted for setting the fire, but Im unsure of the details.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WOW jw when you need heavy rain it is not there .Hope it rains hard

Yes unseasonably dry this year at this time. We usually are quite wet during the Spring. Wondering if this is going to be another very hot Summer like last year? If so then hope people get prepared for more fires and trim trees off from hitting the ground. Should keep the limbs at least 6ft above the ground.

Fire prevention.png

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have had more rain than normal and even had more rain last year here ..I am glad too for the rain because of fires .

Ask a Question