What is your weather like ... today

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Trying so hard here to hang on to the dry. Ding, ding, round 1,789,537 of rain coming this afternoon tho :(
@HARO the desert can be a very pretty place to live
Especially if you like rattlesnakes, scorpions and Gila monsters! :eek:
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sometimes the devil dancer brings those creatures w/him and leaves them behind when the dryness sets in again, so beware of what you ask for next time @HARO

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hot and muggy, 101 heat index so I groomed the lilies.................sun hat, baggy sun shirt, dirty, wet, had to pick off the snails as I cut leaves off, but nice and comfy hanging out in the water.
20160709_114552.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Way too hot and glad you got soaked and cooled in the pond water. Kind of turned muggy here but our heat was not bad like yours. Slaved over at a friends house all day moving rounds of firewood into the pickup and more to do another day.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
80°F and sunny today, so I went down to Lake Michigan. They have a huge fishing event going on right now, so I wanted to see how busy it was and what was going on. There wasn't much to see (the event is considerably smaller than it was when I was a kid), but when I got home, I found out something crazy happened just minutes after I left.

(Photos are not mine) A boat had engine trouble, and ended up drifting into the rocks along shore. 3 adults and 3 children were aboard, they're all safe.
13592398_1140817282631863_175802138356601336_n.jpg

It sank.
Clipboard01.jpg

What is so unbelievable is that I saw this exact boat while I was down there, and it had to be just minutes before it crashed into the rocks! At the time it was just a boat in the water. The lake was fairly busy, with it being so nice out as well as the event going on. This boat was the only one close to land, but no closer than I've seen other boats in the past, so nothing about it seemed odd. I couldn't believe it when I got home and saw this.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
It's hot and dry. Red flag warnings all week (extreme fire danger). Humidity's been 8-12% grass needs water daily, the flower pots are suffering at best. So glad we skipped a garden this year after last years disappointment.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Off and on gray and sunshine so far. Mild temps in the 70's which is just great for working on firewood at my friends house.

I just love watching you show and explain all about your little gardens @callingcolleen1 w/all the fairy's,succulents, mushrooms etc. Are those all in your green house?

Oops I meant to post this yesterday but hubby got me sidetracked trying to find an rv to buy...........sheesh!

Today should be nice and in the 70's again w/no rain :smuggrin:

Yikes on all that rain there Coleen :eek:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Three days of heat and humidity. Looks like we'll cool down to the 80's after today but more 90s in the forecast for next week.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Off

I just love watching you show and explain all about your little gardens @callingcolleen1 w/all the fairy's,succulents, mushrooms etc. Are those all in your green house?
Moved that outside to back deck. Everything out of greenhouse now. Everything grows better outside.

Yikes on all that rain there Coleen :eek:

Ask a Question