addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well at home we received 2.5 inches of rain in a few hours, just east of us received 6 inches of rain. Flash flooding, cars washed away. Luckily we are in a flood free zone. More rain coming.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Started out really wet the first few months of the year, now it's been 70+ days since we've seen rain.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 That scared the you know what outta me! Glad they saved her but what happened to the first guy that went flying down the water when he waded out there in the beginning? Hope he made it ok.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Strange weather here too! Last year it was a complete drought, no rain almost all summer and trees dried up and withered away. This year I never almost have to water and every thing nice and green. We have had some real nasty storms and intense lightning.
Was super hot and humid yesterday and today nice and cool with clouds moving in for daily rain.... Almost Perfect weather!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 That scared the you know what outta me! Glad they saved her but what happened to the first guy that went flying down the water when he waded out there in the beginning? Hope he made it ok.
He survived. Shop keepers made the daisy chain to save the lady in the car.
They say two people died, a lady that crawled out of her car and a guy in a different car, both drowned.

32 businesses destroyed, 179 cars washed away.

It was a flash flood, no warning, just came in on a Saturday night when people go to all the small shops, gift shops, bars etc.

People that have been there their entire life, say this has never happened before, even when hit by a hurricane many many years ago.

The entire town is torn apart, a old mill town, the water runs under the streets, past houses etc. Two rivers meet and flow into one. The water tore away roads, gas lines, water lines, homes, cars it is a total mess. 6 inches of rain fell in two hours. We usually do not get that heavy of rain coming down.

Our house is on top of the hill, my pond half way down, we have a dry stream bed in our woods we can hear it running when it rains hard, far away, no way it could damage us. With two inches falling at our house I am sure my pond was doing a huge overflow, not there to check for washed out fish. Most likely none I have a bunch of rocks the water has to go through, very shallow. Usually the fish head to the bottom when storms hit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's been a hot, dry summer here. The majority of the rain keeps missing us. There's some rain today. It's moving from west to east, about 10 miles south of us. We aren't getting enough to settle the dust. Same for yesterday, too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 just a horrible thing to happen so fast! Hope no one else is in any danger and it doesn't do that again soon or ever!

Ask a Question