What is your weather like ... today

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
50 for the low today and 67 high. The sound of lawnmowers and the smell of fresh cut grass was everywhere. Water temp in the greenhouses was 73*.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, grass being cut, that's not something I've heard or smelled for a long time! We still don't have any of the rain that was predicted to start earlier this afternoon, so I'm hoping it isn't holding back until late when the temps drop below freezing and come in snow. Wait, snow would be just fine, as long as we don't get anymore than about 6"! I'm ready for a nice pretty snow. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are saying up to 3 inches here today, we will see. The last snow fall they said a trace and we got 2 inches (melted darn fast) but sure was pretty while it was here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Woke this morning to maybe 1/4" on my deck, but none sticking anywhere else. Ground is just too warm. Looks like it is all past here, too, so that's it. Darn! I really want to see a nice snowfall. After all, I put up that snow fence. LOL Need to see if it does any good, or if I need to shift it north or south or angle it for next year. :) Good news is I'll be able to drive my car today, so truck gets to stay home once again.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
cold front comin' in...feels like winter again....but still probably above average...and snow on the forecast in a couple days. we did see temps in the 50s monday.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Starting to snow! yeah a nice 36 degrees, they are still saying around 2-3 inches. Snowing hard!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Seen your snow coming down addy. We are getting some rain now w/ temps in low 40's. Sunshine says it's coming back tomorrow tho.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Temp is 32 this morning, and I was somewhat surprised to see a skim of ice on my pond. Guess the water on top finally got cold enough. Supposed to be only 28 this Sat for a high, and teens for low, so bubbler went back on this morning. Also removed the floating "dolphin" thermometer and brought it back inside.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It was 24, now 34, snow still on ground, but heading to 46 today, so it will be melted. Another possible winterery mix storm coming on saturday

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
RAIN and 43*...............feel sorry for the guys outside adding a lean to onto our shop and replacing the lower roofing
frograins.gif

Attachments

• IMG_3649.JPG
    IMG_3649.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 266

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
43 and sunny, most of the snow is gone again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Very cold this morning, about 14 at 7 am. Sunny, which is nice, but VERY windy! Sucks to have to do things outside, but put on coveralls and winter coat, and I'm good to go! Actually stayed outside longer than planned, since didn't get chilled. Moved round bale out for horses (they said "thanks!") and added few more zip ties to my snow fence. Still no snow to speak of, though.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
COLD (17*f),WINDY, AND 4 -5 " OF SNOW FELL LAST NIGHT....THE MOST WE'VE HAD ON THE GROUND AT ONE TIME THIS SEASON!!!! i asked my guys if they wanted to go out and play in the outdoor pond...they told me to get them some skates then maybe!...can you believe it?
GOOD NEWS IS....snowblower started on the first pull...thats always cool!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Haha! I had no ice yesterday evening on my pond, but by this morning it was over 1" thick. Used floating heater to open hole, then turned on pump to open it wider (pump as bubbler works cheaper than heater, I figure). Now have 4' wide hole, so pump is off, Will see how long it takes to freeze over again. Figure no need to leave them on.

Ask a Question