sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh geeze how creepy that pic is and the cracking of ice shouldn't be that much of a problem as it is not like you are smashing at the ice with your fist and should not sound that bad underwater .I would think no worse than the splashing of a waterfall or a fountain head .Nice toy but watch out for the nuts on the road 99 and trucks .My pond or waterfall has not frozen once this winter and have had both filters going all winter .I had a scarf but did not think of it ,but gosh wish I would have .Did the next time I went out for wood .

Reaction score
My pond is pretty much all open and has been for the last week. This week our day time temp is suppose to be in the 40's. Rain and snow.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
snow and rain today, maybe, then 50 tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, finally got a little bit of snow last night. Maybe 1-2" is all, but it's pretty. Sunny by afternoon. And, looks like mid to upper 40's for highs the rest of the week! I just may turn on my bubbler tonght and see if I can get the pond open, at least on the one end, and see if it stays open with the warmer temps. :)
Oh, and didn't have much to worry about with my snow fence, as the wind was blowing the snow in from the south, and my snow fence is placed north to south. Maybe next time, as our typical winter storms come from the west or northwest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Jennywren, I wish I was where you are! It's going to be a rainy day here today, so I opened up my pond with heater (was barely frozen over) and turned on the pump bubbler again. I want the pond opened up, so I can watch the fish again, so will leave it on today to circulate the water and melt that ice away. Once the ice is melted, it will stay that way longer, since we are expecting temps over freezing for the next week at least, maybe 10 days!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
55 today and sunny, maybe snow, saturday night, it can not make up its mind, pond went from 33 now back up to 43 (surface temp)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sunny here today and 43F. Was a nice day for a coolish kind of walk. Found 35 cents and a rug for the garage ta boot,lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Pond this evening, with the bubbler running all day, is 75% open, so shut the pump off. The ice by the waterfall is not very thick, and I would guess it will be gone in the next couple of days with high 40's for highs during the day. Supposed to be sunny on Sat., so I'm looking forward to the sunshine again.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
59 today, 65 tomorrow, then back into the 40's, nights in the 40's then back into the 20 by end of week. bouncing temperatures

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This weather we are having right now is more confusing than fall weather ,you just don't know what to expect from one day to the next and what to do with the pond .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As soon as my arizona pumps get here the pond is being turned on. If it decides to freeze up again, I can turn it off, hang a light bulb over the pump , it will be fine.

Ask a Question