What is your weather like ... today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CountryEscape, Feb 6, 2012.

1. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Sun trying to come out here now and still 48F tho and windy. Not quite inviting for a walk but may do it anyways...........just being on the lookout for runaway trees and swirling cows!

j.w, Feb 22, 2012
    CountryEscape likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

hmmmm either it is really windy or jw has been smoking something .Well sun coming back out here so clouds took a hike

sissy, Feb 22, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Ha Ha sissy it was really windy and toward the end of my walk it was coming at me w/ freezing blasts. Felt like old man winter was blowing in from the Northlands! Sky is darkening up and looks ready to take a big dump on us,lol!

j.w, Feb 23, 2012
  4. CountryEscape

DrCase Moderator Moderator

Calm & 66 deg right now
    I dont think i could ever move back north

DrCase, Feb 23, 2012
  5. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

OMG, you two are a hoot! I'm sitting here, just my dogs with me, they were sleeping, until I read this and started laughing!
    Sadly, what I thought was going to be a sunny day turned out to be only about 53 or so and cloudy all day. Sun peeked out just a few short spurts, that was it. Ho hum. Same thing here as others, high 50's again tomorrow, rain, and then 40's and 20's for the weekend. I'm still planning to rework my waterfall, unless it's raining. Colder weather doesn't bother me, as it IS February, for goodness sake. LOL And, if I can get my ball valve closed tight (and lubed so I'll be able to open it and close it when needed later on) I'll be getting my pump up and going this weekend, too. I agree with Sissy, I think the hard freezes are over with, just frosts, and with the waterfall running, no worries about anything freezing. My pump is underwater.

CountryEscape, Feb 23, 2012
  6. CountryEscape

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Nice and warm here 60 top temp, now 930pm it is still 55. Tomorrow 65 and sunny, it is going to be high 40's or 50 for the rest of the week, perfect temperature.

addy1, Feb 23, 2012
  7. CountryEscape

They just said this has been the 5th warmest winter in history (for our area at least) that is going back 120 years.

addy1, Feb 23, 2012
  8. CountryEscape

pondlover Bogs are good for more than just your pond!

Going to be 73 today and lots of sun. :razz: Tomorrow drops to the upper 40's. This has been a very unusual winter here.

pondlover, Feb 23, 2012
  9. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

Well we have high expected of 62 today, but rain today and tomorrow, darn it. Mostly sunny on Sat., but high of 38, yuck! Sun is better with sun and 51. If we can get by tomorrow night's low of 23, I think I will be good to go. What a yo yo winter we have had!

CountryEscape, Feb 23, 2012
  10. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

I think this yoyo weather has thrown a lot of ponds off wack even here where temps do that all the time .I remeber 3 years ago it was almost 80 degrees on christmas day and for 3 days after that and then we suddenly we dropped down to 20 degrees and then back up to 70 for new years .Last night we had a really bad thunder and lightening storm .The lightening lit up the whole house and the thunder just shook it .Felt like an eath quake .The rain came down really hard also .

sissy, Feb 23, 2012
  11. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Think it will be dry today but still cold. 41F right now but supposed to get to 50F. You guys should back east should be colder than us right now not warmer................not fair but I shall turn the other cheek and be happy for you!

j.w, Feb 23, 2012
  12. CountryEscape

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW 62 sunny great breeze blowing.................blue sky perfect

addy1, Feb 23, 2012
  13. CountryEscape

DrCase Moderator Moderator

78 today it feels real goood

DrCase, Feb 23, 2012
  14. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

[​IMG]

j.w, Feb 23, 2012
    addy1, DrCase and CountryEscape like this.
  15. CountryEscape

CometKeith

We are expecting 3"-6" of snow tomorrow. I just bought more salt, but this winter is nothing compared to last year!

CometKeith, Feb 24, 2012
  16. CountryEscape

67, high winds coming (60 mph), rain. It drops to a cold 48 over the weekend than back up to 60 by monday. Pond being started up. Fish are chasing like crazy.

addy1, Feb 24, 2012
  17. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

Uh oh, Addy will have x-rated videos coming up soon. :) I was really hoping my goldfish and shubunkins would wait until I got the new pond dug before they spawned, but if that's the case, I'd better get to digging it! VERY windy this morning, although it says 25-30 mph is all. Had to go retrieve 3 buckets I left outside last weekend, and a tarp. All tucked inside sheds. Bird feeder is emptied on the ground due to the wind rocking the feeder. This is the only part I really hate about my property, nothing to stop that darn wind from any direction. Grrrr ... Temp is 37 right now, only getting up to 40, then down to 27. Same temps for tomorrow, but sunny tomorrow, so I'll take it! No snow predicted here in "southern" Illinois, so I'm happy about that. Looks like Keith is expecting some in northern IL. I know my 2 sisters in Milwaukee, WI area are talking about having to shovel some snow this morning.

CountryEscape, Feb 24, 2012
  18. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

Try living up on a hillside like my house is great views but the wind seems to always be blowing hard .When you try working in the yard with the wind that can be tough also and tough on flowers and trees too .Wind is nice to have though when it is really hot out

sissy, Feb 24, 2012
  19. CountryEscape

digginponds pondaholic

very mild winter here,been rough the last 4-5 yrs.......so even though it snowed,we like this mild winter

Attached Files:

digginponds, Feb 24, 2012
  20. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

Diggin, your snow looks very much like my sister in Pewaukee this morning. Very pretty! BUT, I'm concerned about my flowering crab trees which started trying to bud out last weekend, and my hyacinths are ready to send the flower bud shoot up any day now. I've asked Mother Nature to please be quick with this last cold snap and then leave the springtime temps. :razz: :goldfish: :razz:
    Sissy, yes, living on the top of a hill would be the same effect, if not worse, than what I have here on the open prairie. Be careful, or you will get blown over the other side. I have to think "wind" everytime I buy any type of flower or tree for my yard. Never had to do that before, but you live and learn!

CountryEscape, Feb 24, 2012
    sissy likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question