sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I really think it is the end of any real hard freeze for this year ,maybe frost but thats it .I'm thinking you will be safe .I finally ordered new cell phones so can't wait they come today .I got one called wine thought it was fitting since my other phone finally died at a winery and won't charge anymore ..I have to clean the pond filters today and finish a new garden so hope UPS gets here soon .Weather is already looking great outside .Just went out to hang up laundry in nice fresh air ,smells great out .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well got my new phone and wow is it great .Slimmer ,brighter key pad and pic for a front screen and inside screen and even better speaker on it .Phone was only 4.99 through ntelos ,1200 minutes a month for each phone ,unlimited texting 4.99 a month 62 dollars for 2 phones .They do not change my old plan from 3 years ago

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We had so much rain yesterday and thru last night I thought I'd wake up on an island! It's 48F now and wind is making it feel colder. Sure doesn't feel like Spring is near to me!
They are saying we could get some snow this coming weekend. Can't last tho not that cold. Not raining at the moment which is a nice change but still windy. Will be 31F tonight.
Sure like this weather add-on for firefox!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
60 here, sunny, breeze blowing, sorry jw! 65 and sun tomorrow..................

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
breezy here and went to martinsville and just got back and it was starting to sprinkle there and got home and darn clouds followed me ,Thats a pain but we need the rain

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sun trying to come out here now and still 48F tho and windy. Not quite inviting for a walk but may do it anyways...........just being on the lookout for runaway trees and swirling cows!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hmmmm either it is really windy or jw has been smoking something .Well sun coming back out here so clouds took a hike

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha sissy it was really windy and toward the end of my walk it was coming at me w/ freezing blasts. Felt like old man winter was blowing in from the Northlands! Sky is darkening up and looks ready to take a big dump on us,lol!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Calm & 66 deg right now
I dont think i could ever move back north

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sun trying to come out here now and still 48F tho and windy. Not quite inviting for a walk but may do it anyways...........just being on the lookout for runaway trees and swirling cows!
hmmmm either it is really windy or jw has been smoking something .Well sun coming back out here so clouds took a hike
OMG, you two are a hoot! I'm sitting here, just my dogs with me, they were sleeping, until I read this and started laughing!
Sadly, what I thought was going to be a sunny day turned out to be only about 53 or so and cloudy all day. Sun peeked out just a few short spurts, that was it. Ho hum. Same thing here as others, high 50's again tomorrow, rain, and then 40's and 20's for the weekend. I'm still planning to rework my waterfall, unless it's raining. Colder weather doesn't bother me, as it IS February, for goodness sake. LOL And, if I can get my ball valve closed tight (and lubed so I'll be able to open it and close it when needed later on) I'll be getting my pump up and going this weekend, too. I agree with Sissy, I think the hard freezes are over with, just frosts, and with the waterfall running, no worries about anything freezing. My pump is underwater.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice and warm here 60 top temp, now 930pm it is still 55. Tomorrow 65 and sunny, it is going to be high 40's or 50 for the rest of the week, perfect temperature.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They just said this has been the 5th warmest winter in history (for our area at least) that is going back 120 years.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Going to be 73 today and lots of sun. :razz: Tomorrow drops to the upper 40's. This has been a very unusual winter here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well we have high expected of 62 today, but rain today and tomorrow, darn it. Mostly sunny on Sat., but high of 38, yuck! Sun is better with sun and 51. If we can get by tomorrow night's low of 23, I think I will be good to go. What a yo yo winter we have had!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think this yoyo weather has thrown a lot of ponds off wack even here where temps do that all the time .I remeber 3 years ago it was almost 80 degrees on christmas day and for 3 days after that and then we suddenly we dropped down to 20 degrees and then back up to 70 for new years .Last night we had a really bad thunder and lightening storm .The lightening lit up the whole house and the thunder just shook it .Felt like an eath quake .The rain came down really hard also .

Ask a Question