j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Think it will be dry today but still cold. 41F right now but supposed to get to 50F. You guys should back east should be colder than us right now not warmer................not fair but I shall turn the other cheek and be happy for you!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
tongue6.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We are expecting 3"-6" of snow tomorrow. I just bought more salt, but this winter is nothing compared to last year!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
67, high winds coming (60 mph), rain. It drops to a cold 48 over the weekend than back up to 60 by monday. Pond being started up. Fish are chasing like crazy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Uh oh, Addy will have x-rated videos coming up soon. :) I was really hoping my goldfish and shubunkins would wait until I got the new pond dug before they spawned, but if that's the case, I'd better get to digging it! VERY windy this morning, although it says 25-30 mph is all. Had to go retrieve 3 buckets I left outside last weekend, and a tarp. All tucked inside sheds. Bird feeder is emptied on the ground due to the wind rocking the feeder. This is the only part I really hate about my property, nothing to stop that darn wind from any direction. Grrrr ... Temp is 37 right now, only getting up to 40, then down to 27. Same temps for tomorrow, but sunny tomorrow, so I'll take it! No snow predicted here in "southern" Illinois, so I'm happy about that. Looks like Keith is expecting some in northern IL. I know my 2 sisters in Milwaukee, WI area are talking about having to shovel some snow this morning.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Try living up on a hillside like my house is great views but the wind seems to always be blowing hard .When you try working in the yard with the wind that can be tough also and tough on flowers and trees too .Wind is nice to have though when it is really hot out

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
very mild winter here,been rough the last 4-5 yrs.......so even though it snowed,we like this mild winter

Attachments

• 2-24-12!.JPG
    2-24-12!.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 213
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Diggin, your snow looks very much like my sister in Pewaukee this morning. Very pretty! BUT, I'm concerned about my flowering crab trees which started trying to bud out last weekend, and my hyacinths are ready to send the flower bud shoot up any day now. I've asked Mother Nature to please be quick with this last cold snap and then leave the springtime temps. :razz: :goldfish: :razz:
Sissy, yes, living on the top of a hill would be the same effect, if not worse, than what I have here on the open prairie. Be careful, or you will get blown over the other side. I have to think "wind" everytime I buy any type of flower or tree for my yard. Never had to do that before, but you live and learn!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our trees are all budding out, daffodils just about ready to bloom, tulips growing. all the plants are confused.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep we too have the little bulbs all raising their pretty little heads here too even w/ the rain and wind and cooler temps it's still not the cold winters of yore! Here are some little ones coming to life w/ there snowy white blooms. I found them on a road in some long grass a couple Springs ago and dug them up and put them here and there. Don't know what they are called but I like um!
Also added a couple other pics of some other ones getting ready to bloom.

IMG_3652.JPG

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
those look like snow drops jw. does the flower open a little more?

Pump installed pond running..............................

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
80 here today and pont temps finally up to 55 with the fishes out looking for food. It's getting really dark and we are under a tornado watch till 8pm. Hoping the power stays on.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
OK who sent the rain WHO is guilty of this .we are in the higher 70's and now thunder lightening and torrential downpour and I did not finish outside darn it .Not sure just how warm it was but had shorts on and was sweating .

Ask a Question