What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
JW I am so glad you are going to be ok with that fungus thingy you caught. Was worried for a second.....

Sissy, my mother used to tell me stories of how her mother and family had dandy lion salads. You have to pick the leafs before they flower or they can be bitter tasting from what I understand.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It would take a lot of work, a lot of chemicals, a lot of pulling to get rid of dandelions here. They are not taking over, but with our lousy soil, rock with dirt, we would need to have topsoil hauled in , weed control sprayed, perfect grooming, nothing that I am into. It is green and it looks just fine. We have a lot of clover, another thing the bees love.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We hit 65 yesterday and supposed to get to 66 today.
There are puddles of water forming on the ice on the pond and I'm confident that if I tried to walk across the ice now, I would fall through.
That's a good thing, right?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep! When my ice started doing that I was finally able to push it into big ice floes, those melted faster. That was when it was around 3 inches thick.
Throw a black or dark tarp on it, that really speeds it up. I did that on part of the pond, made the ice mushy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, crap, KoiGuy, not good! It was 34 here this morning, and ice only in a couple of pots on the deck. Tonight, going down to 24 and 27 tomorrow night. That should do it for the 3 freezes after the peepers started singing 2 weekends ago, then I'm ready for Spring to be back to STAY!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hazy sun today but sun.Rain coming late this afternoon, boo hoo :(
JW I am so glad you are going to be ok with that fungus thingy you caught. Was worried for a second.....

Thanks Colleen I am better but that medicine does a number on me in the morning. Give me a couple hours and then I am good to go again

Ask a Question