sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It started to rain late last night and just stopped a few minutes ago and no fairystone park as it rained even harder over there than it did here .Went to Danville and race traffic all over .Visitors shopping .I will be glad when the races are over at Martinsville speedway

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Get thawing good then @MitchM !

It usually takes about 2 weeks of this weather to thaw out our ground here, but I'll take what I can get.:)
I'm a little worried though, the province has already started issuing some fire bans.
Last year we had a lot of trees around our house removed to provide a fire break, plus we have metal roofing and concrete fibre siding. Not so worried now.
Climate change is here to stay!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Your last comment, Mitch, "Climate change is here to stay" seems to be so true. I sure don't remember having such see-saw temps all year long like we have been having in the last few years. Used to be ... or maybe I just choose not to remember ... when spring arrived, it stayed! It didn't flip back to winter, then up to summer and back to winter, teasing us back and forth. I saw 70's and 60's for highs next week when I looked on my weather this morning, but by noon, they changed it to barely 60's and 50's for highs. What the heck ... Seems no one can predict the weather any longer. I guess I can hope that it changes back to 70's!
It was a very chilly low 40's day here today, and same tomorrow. Little warmer on Sunday, but more rain predicted. My yard is so soft I don't think I could push a half-full wheelbarrow of mulch around in the yard tomorrow. So, I think I will cross stitch and wait for warmer drier weather. Mitch, you are far warmer than here, that's really odd, but happy for you. At least the frost is out of the ground here, and we are working on getting the ground solid again. Rain is helping, but now we have had enough of that, too, IMO...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Weather changes keep life exciting, I think.
I do believe that we will see more and more extreme changes though as time goes on.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Snowing and small ponds ice covered again.................

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just cold here only 44 degrees ,but I know warm weather is just around the corner again :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
34 degrees here. It's SO deceiving, as there is not a cloud in the sky today...and it really doesn't feel too bad outside, but still, it's cold.

Same here. the wind is ruining it! Looks like it would be 50°F today

Ask a Question