What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Sunny and cold here, about 34 degrees. We decided to go ahead with our plan to lower the pond water and catch our baby koi....good thing the sun was out!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Down to 30 degrees at 9:30 pm .Worked in the basement on several projects .Made 6 baskets last week and the Dr and his wife picked them up and then she saw my giant baskets and wanted 2 and then he said no 4 .The built a log house and want them to line the driveway .2 big baskets on each side to start the entry and then the smaller ones on each side then 2 big ones beside the steps .Then she saw my new log chairs ,geeze my hands hurt

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
What did you do with your baby koi, Tula? It was chilly here, too. Sunny, seemed nice, but was only in the 30's all morning. Brrr ... If you stayed out of the wind, it was not too bad. Ready for the cold spell to be over with ... tomorrow!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
What did you do with your baby koi, Tula? It was chilly here, too. Sunny, seemed nice, but was only in the 30's all morning. Brrr ... If you stayed out of the wind, it was not too bad. Ready for the cold spell to be over with ... tomorrow!!!
We have a neighbor with a 20,000 gallon koi pond. When he and his wife became empty nesters, they removed their swimming pool and he researched building a pond. He's an engineer and did all the work himself, bottom drains etc. He had a heron problem last year, so strung ropes across the pond, which worked. I told him last fall he could have my baby koi in the Spring to help replace what he lost to the heron.

I'd rather give my koi away, knowing they have a good home, than sell on craigslist.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
20 toasty degrees...........ponds frozen again, just a light covering of ice luckily

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just went out and checked the ice is almost 1/2 inch thick on the small ponds, big pond the water away from the aerator frozen up again. But it will melt we are swinging back up to the 50's and higher this week.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm never shocked or surprised just tee'd off cuz it's not what I want it to be at the moment. If I was in charge it would only rain at night and sun during the day :cool:

Ask a Question