addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We get tornado warnings here off and on, luckily they never seem to hit. Or if the do it is a brief touch down, nothing like the other states get.

Warming up and raining.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yikes on the damage to the zoo. Bet there will be tons of people there today helping out. I got lucky as well. I swear each time that red cell was heading straight for me, it split and missed me, or simply dissipated. I got a total of only 1" rain yesterday, and during the heaviest last night, in 15 minutes for .5". I'll take that! My cousin who lives on north side of Effingham (about 10 miles north of me, with the storm tracking pretty much straight east last night) got 2.75" of rain! Worst part is that this morning it is only 45 degrees. Brrr .... but, sunny today and tomorrow, so I'll take it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I heard a tornado touched down in Rochelle, IL, but that's way north of me. Nothing severe in my neck of the woods, just severe t'storms, which I loved to watch. I was video taping, trying to get lightening strikes, and 5 seconds into the video, got a beautiful strike, then immediately heard the crack! Yikes, I said the "s" word shut off the camera and came back inside. LOL That storm was directly above me, and that was a little closer than I preferred to be. I love to watch a good storm move in/by, though. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bad storms usually miss us, unless they are from straight north of us or coming from the southeast. The hills/mountains to the west break them up before they get to us. Quite often you see the storm break, north severe storms, south severe storms, us nothing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have had 3 tornados around here since I have been here and that was unusual .The one was on Axton road 2 years ago and the other was on Berry Hill rd right after we moved here in 2004 and the other was out in Danville 5 years ago and they were all ef1 .Most time the ones we get come from NC as the mountains on the other side stop them .I don't like lightening because i know how far it can travel to hit someone .They are calling for bad storms again today and then 70's and 80's and my sister and i are headed to the flea market saturday in NC .If we got there early enough we may head to living waterscapes since it is not far from there

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh I was worried about all you people up there in that tornado area near Chicago and other area's of Illinois. Glad you are all safe. I heard about one town up there all the buildings got demolished and they were looking for people in the rubbish. Hope they don't have any casualties and the people all turn up safe.
Yesterday was beautiful here and got the 1st mow in of the season. Then the thunder crashed a few times and the sun came back out again. Now a storm is on the way for later today w/rain of course.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
OK I got a laugh from livingwaterscapes .You sign up for there VIP card and you get a koi ,OH dear just what I need another plant destroyer .I think the free koi is a threat ;)I found them since google has not updated and they have only been there a year they are near chearwine and yippie the farmers market .Though I doubt there will be much this time of year

Reaction score
Country
United States
Scary stuff comes along with the spring weather. Luckily we are only getting strong winds and rain (and lot's of it) Only 47 degrees at the moment but it was warmer yesterday and last night. We are slowly warming up.

On a good note, I happened to notice the floating thermometer I have in my pond was flashing the green light last night. That was the first time since I dropped it in the pond a few weeks ago. For those who care what that means is that the pond water is at least at fifty degrees. The thermometer will flash red when it's below fifty degrees and then turn green when it hits fifty or over. It's just something I use to make it easier to know when I can feed the fish rather than having to pull the floating thermometer out every day and look at it. Hopefully it will stay green and in a week or so I can start feeding. I have the new filter up and running and plan to do a water change on Sunday as it's supposed to be in the 60's and not be raining.

Reaction score
Country
United States
43 here now, cloudy, rain supposedly moving in later. Not a pleasant day by any means.

And to top it off I caught two of the neighborhood kids messing around with the nets in the pond about an hour ago and knocking the stones into the deep section of the pond. :mad:

I wonder how long THAT'S been going on. I'm usually not home this time of day when the school buses are dropping kids off.

Now that would really make me mad if I caught people messing with my pond :rage:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just got the front yard mowed and dark sky more wind and heavy down pour and now sun is trying to peek out but there are more dark clouds headed this way .So here I sit with spaghettios

Ask a Question