What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I am scared to plant anymore stuff out front till this cold snap goes away.
Poor Baby she wants to snuggle all day under the blankets with "mommy"!
Right now it is only 41 degrees (+5C) and supposed to get down to 29 degrees (-2C) tonight!!
20150507_113942.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cute little Rio I could just kiss her all up .I got my barley with peat in it and for 16 ounce bottles for 5.79 and got there 4 inch air stone was not expecting much from as it is for fish tanks and have to say i am impressed it went all the way to the bottom of the pond and is sending up more bubbles that my 8 dollar ones my son got me that are 6 inch flat ones .At a 1.79 how could I beat that so petsolutions is having a sale again (may10 is the code )so guess what ordered more of them and more peat and barley .I only ordered 2 bottles but figured 4 more to keep in the cool basement .Thanks for the heads up on peat and barley colleen .I used only liquid barley before and this smells fantastic .Like ponddigger says if you can't drink it your self then don't put it in the pond .Not going to try it but wanted to give a heads up on it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use the natural fertilizer on my yard tbendl and epsom salts actually makes fertilizers work better .Learned that from my father

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The first time I used it I was impressed and only used barley before that .Funny but I never noticed that golden color you speak of maybe because it is peat and barley together

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
It made it to 85 here today. Rain moving in tonight (within the next hour or so, actually) and then chances of rain the next 4 days.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
slight chance of SNOW!! It is supposed to snow tomorrow in Brooks, about one hour away, hoping it does not get this far!

Sissy, if you use the concentrated Laguna Pond Peat, there should be a brown color at first, then it turns a nice golden color. Never tired the Peat and Barley mix.

Ask a Question