What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Chilly 47 at the moment. Drizzly rain all afternoon here. Temps went from (I think I saw) 61 this afternoon down to 50 when the rain started around 1. We are almost at our low expected for tonight of 42. Brr .... no windows open here. But, good news is by Friday, 70's for high, and 80's for the weekend! Woohoo, that's more like it!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are going back up to 90 by Tuesday, going to enjoy this nice cool weather, a beautiful 57 right now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Only got up to 53 here today. Rain/drizzle all day. Thats too cool for me unless its sunny. Back to warmer temps starting tomorrow. I need some warmer temps. I have not even planted any annuals yet. :(

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A great rainy drizzle day, add to the water we got a few days ago, very needed!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This is the first day we have had a rest from the hot temps. and then we are back to the heat .We got rain last night around 3 am and it was welcome .Now in the 60's and cloudy .I have a wheel barrow and lawn cart full of mulch to finish putting down .But I will wait and hope rain continues to fall .Supposed to be back up to 90 + degrees again .Windows open and sliding glass doors open for all this nice fresh air

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are getting a all day drizzle, great type of rain. Warm 52
Pond went from 80 down to 66 now.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have not looked at the temp. of the pond ,but it sure is a big change in weather .Not sure where spring was but we lost it some where .We also did not get the spring storms like we usually get .Farmers are complaining .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
47 this am, pond down to 61 now. Going to be a great day, 70 and sunny. Sunday back up into the 90's.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here too, perfect day! 70's sun out breeze blowing, well 70's in a bit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Going back to the 70's FINALLY! 55 right now, and supposed to be mostly sunny today. Now they have taken rain pretty much out of the forecast for the weekend until Monday. It had been 60% chance on Sunday, now only 30% chance. Going to 80's on Sunday.
My lilies are doing terrible this year! One deep pink from Addy is doing good, and my white ones I got from Menards are blooming beautifully, but all my other special ones are pretty much nothing. I pulled several pots last weekend, took off the few sad leaf pads, and fertilized them, added more clay, and repotted them. Hoping that will help boost them, but so far nothing. Thinking it's the cooler temps we have been having the last week or more, down to 40's at night, and only up to 50's during the day. Pond water is much cooler now because of it. Will wait to see what happens when the water warms up again. :) Otherwise I'm going to be looking at adding a few lilies to my ponds. Hate to do that, if mine start growing, as I had too many last year. maybe this was nature's way of cutting back on my lilies. Just wish if Mother Nature was going to leave one or two, she would have left the prettier ones rather than the white ones. LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Put them in as shallow water as you can, full sun, I pull mine all up to the 1 - 2 foot area, top of pot maybe 6-16 inches below water (I run out of room to have all shallow) That gets them going. Even a tub of water would get them going, put the pot in a tote let them sit in the nice warm sunny water. Then back into the pond.

Ask a Question