What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear someone died in your family Sissy! I been so busy with work and yaRd right now that I have not been on line too much these days.
Yesterday I just finished staining new section of fence and rushed off to work. Then a massive storm rolled into town and blew lots of big trees down, trailer got blown over, massive hail expecially up on Cresent Heights, where everybody has holes in the side of their houses and roofs. It was really REALLY bad and there are reports that a tornado touched down here and there.
Two doors down and big old pine tree snapped and fell over neighbors driveway and just touched my flowers. Other than a few holes in my flowers from the hail, we made it ok.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
85, sunny, and muggy here. I took my little nephew to the railroad festival this morning and we were both drenched in sweat by the time we left. Storms are popping up all over Illinois...but not a drop here--yet.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have been in the mid to high 90's but still need to get things done .I trimmed back some of my shrubs back and still have to take trimmings back into the woods

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
surprise heavy duty rain storms, .......................almost an inch of rain. Worked the lilies after the am storms, then mowed and managed to lose my cell phone out in our 3 acres of grass, bounced out of my pocket. Started looking for it, finally found, luckily the sound was up. It had mud tracks on the back and tire tracks on the front of the phone. No damage, glass in perfect shape and it still works. Right after we found it , it started pouring 4 inches an hour WHEW!

Hot and muggy. The plants sure love the rain.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We're under sever thunderstorm watch right now. Been dark and cloudy all day and getting really dark now and it's only 2:30 pm in afternoon! Some trees are making small recovery since rain but lots are just dead from spring drought.
Been working hard on weeding and garden, got more mulch today and last day off laid more heavy sideways blocks around back of new upper pond. Need to apply another layer of stain but it looks like rain coming.
20150615_212117.jpg
back side needs stain ...
20150614_130528.jpg
20150615_211941.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks Mitch. I never got no storms yet, the clouds are breaking up too. Maybe I should run out and finish stain but chance of rain greater this evening. Caterpillars are going away now too which is so nice to not have them crawling on me anymore!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
heavy rains here just about every night and trying to get caught up .Grass mowed .I just don't seem to have as much time as I want to have or need

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Two thunder showers today, trees are getting greener and growing new leaves Catapillers are cocooning so trees have chance to recover.
I have to get pictures of front yaRd cause its beginning to look super nice and people are stopping by and gawking at all my flowers and garden junk. Been so very busy and have lots of plans....

Off this Sunday and that is the Summer Solstice. Time for us witches to dance around the fire all night naked!! :wideyed:

Ask a Question