sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Trick is every morning i go out and weed early and use the gas trimmer to trim.But it used to be alot easier when hubby could help but now it is just me verses 3+ acres

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hottest day of the summer expected today - going to hit almost 100 degrees. Not a fan! Good day to stay inside with a cold beverage and a good book!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hazy, hot, and humid for the weekend. Temperatures near 90 degrees for today and tomorrow, normal is 82 degrees. Ugh, I am not a fan of the hot humid weather (the weather guy calls it mega muggy) and all the bugs it brings with it. Thank goodness for central air conditioning.

We are going to take a tour of the Lake County Dream House today. With the purchase of any ticket you have a chance to win the house and puchase three tickets you can win a new car as well. Its an annual YMCA fundraising event, fun to go and dream of winning :LOL:

http://www.lakecountyymca.org/dream-house/dream-house-main/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, Lisa, I'm in south central IL, and you are going to be hotter than here! Humid, muggy, sticky ... either staying inside this afternoon, or in the ponds. LOL Supposed to be 93 here. Ho hum .... should have made rum slush last night ... may have to make it in the ice cube trays this morning!!! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Yep same hot hot hot weather here. Heat advisories for yesterday and today. Might be a good day to get in the pond and groom the lilys.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are calling for 97 tomorrow and humid,with heat index way over 100.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Lisak and haver79, you need to get a weather sticky on your signature.;)
CE, are you still making a trip to the great white north?
Addy, so no snow in your forecast?

Good grief, Colleen, you're MIA with your garden tour and all. Just have the commitee call us and we'll set them straight.(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Nope, Mitch, the plans changed for going to WA in August, darn it! Not dating the guy that was going to take me with him. LOL My brother that lives in WA is right now in TN awaiting the arrival of his first grandchild that is due next month. They are staying in a condo they bought for the next 3 months, then will travel back and forth to WA and TN for the next couple of years.
HOT here! Noticed one of my new lily pots got bumped off the shelf, so I have to go into the koi pond again ... just groomed lilies earlier this week. But, I'm not complaining, except I just took a shower since had company stop by. Maybe I'll do the "dip" tomorrow, and bring a rock up that fell into the goldfish pond, too. Not sure how that long rock got knocked in, but that edge is leaning toward the pond, so need to pull the outer edge and level it again, and then bring that rock up and put it in place.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear that, ce.
The great white north will be here when you are ready anyways.:) Well, except for our glaciers that are melting...:whistle:
Is that your brother with the collecting issue? I'm very familiar with that, for what it's worth.:whistle:
Your weather banner looks like it's hot down there...better you than me. I couldn't hack it.:dead:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Had a pretty good storm roll in earlier. We were in a tornado warning for awhile but nothing hit. Just a lot of rain and wind. Damaged a lot of my Gaillardia and one of my milkweeds.

Frogs loved it though, and the humidity has skyrocketed since the storms moved out.
IMG_1960 (2) copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Gorgeous pic of the frog, JB.
Mitch, yes, my older bachelor brother is a hoarder. He's not just a hoarder, his house is totally filthy, top to bottom, inside and out. GROSS!!! Stinks to high heaven, too. I can handle dirt and dust, but not filth ... dead things, rotten things, etc.
And, one day I WILL come to Canada again, and do my best to try to visit one or two GPF peeps! I wonder how Colleen is doing with her garden show! I hope everything is ok with her.
Yep, hot and humid here, cannot go outside without getting drenched in sweat. I'm staying in the rest of the evening. LOL

Ask a Question