Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your heat is heading towards us! We get smacked tomorrow and monday

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Lucky you! NOT! Our temps are heading down about 10-15 degrees in the next week. I'll take it. Anytime the night time temps don't get below 70, it's miserable, hot, and humid. Yuck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Lisak and haver79, you need to get a weather sticky on your signature.;)
Mitch I'm not sure how to get one of those stickies for temperature.

Wind change, nice break from the heat for a few days. More comfortable today. Less humid a better day to be outside! The corn here in Iowa has sure loved the weather this summer. With all the rain and hot temps it is growing tall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Corn here in my area is either VERY tall, or VERY short. Depends if the farmers got it planted early when it was dry, or waited until the "perfect" day, which never came. Corn that was replanted doing poorly. Some didn't get planted until early June, and drowned out even then. 16.3" of rain for me in the month of June, with average of 4.25" ... yep, even perennials and trees suffered. Finally have had more or less dry week, only .2" since week ago Thurs., so I'm fine with rain today. Funny, but when you get used to walking across the mushy spongey yard, it seems strange when it's dry!
Thunderstorms heading my way in a bit. Best get outside and get the chores done before that happens! Then, going to enjoy being inside today, putting a photo album together for my each of my kids .... finally! They are 30 and 31. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mitch I'm not sure how to get one of those stickies for temperature.
Go here

http://www.wunderground.com/stickers/classic.html

have two windows open, one with your signature in edit, one with the link above. Click and drag the sticker over to your signature, Change the zip code to your area first.
I have not tried to change mine recently, usually the ones below gizmo stickers are the ones that work on this site.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We need rain my rain barrels are almost empty and so is my underground storage tank ,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I ... AGAIN .... left my hydrant running into the horse trough. It ran for 2.5 hours before I got back home to shut it off. Didn't empty the well ... we have tons of water, ground water table is very high right now. Wish I could share some of it with you, Sissy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never thought I would use all the water from all my tanks .The one underground holds 350 gallons and can hold 400 full .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm not positive how many gallons my horse tank holds, but it's about 5' long, and 30" wide, and at least 3' tall. That tank gets full in about 20 minutes ... and I ran the water 7-8x that long! Geesh ... what a waste! Glad I don't have to pay for my water ... or maybe if I DID have to pay for my water, I would be more careful. I HATE how forgetful I am ... :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is why I collect water in rain barrels and my underground tank so my well does not go dry I add epsom salts and miracle grow to them so I water and fertilize .You need a timer for your hydrant .I have one on mine and you can set the time it runs .It was 19 dollars at lowes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Just for you @MitchM ! Thanks for the instructions @addy1 !

We got so much rain yesterday the pond was over the banks. The overflow drain couldn't keep up. All was back to normal by this morning though.

It was close to 90 yesterday, with 95% humidity. We were driving into the storm, headed west around 2:00 yesterday afternoon. Learned later last night that we had a tornado right on our tails. That's July in the midwest! Today was a gorgeous day - clear skies, normal temps, humidity down. Much better!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I'm not positive how many gallons my horse tank holds, but it's about 5' long, and 30" wide, and at least 3' tall. That tank gets full in about 20 minutes ... and I ran the water 7-8x that long! Geesh ... what a waste! Glad I don't have to pay for my water ... or maybe if I DID have to pay for my water, I would be more careful. I HATE how forgetful I am ... :(

That's ok, I once left our barbeque on for 1 WEEK by accident while I was cleaning the grills!:bucktooth:
Usually I leave it on for 10 minutes after cooking.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The weekend was our hottest in 4 years, 90F with a humidex of 106! Still sitting around 85, but far less humid.
John

Ask a Question