What is your weather like ... today

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear, Sissy, but glad he wasn't hurt. Another reason I won't live in an appartment... you never know what the guy below (or above, or beside) you is doing!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh worst was just before that my auntie passed away in Arizona .He got in his apartment and salvaged some stuff and apartment complex gave him another apartment .He has been living there for over 20 years and his son and wife live right across from him with his grandson and he is the one taking the video .Family got together and sent him money to help him out to get furniture .He said he is checking out goodwill for stuff .On a better note Mckinney replaced my year old heat pump with a new one after all the problems i have had with it .Replaced it with the same lennox 16 seer 4 ton unit .Lennox contacted me and said they found it could be a defective unit .I keep my air on 77 all the summer and they could tell by the WIFI what has been going on with the unit .So no fights just replace .They tried to repair ir it 3 times and lemon law then took affect so they replaced it .Put it in in April of 2014 and replaced today .They tried to replace the dual stage compressor on it .And then replaced the motherboard on the indoor unit under warranty

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Just read this thread Sissy, sorry to hear about your brother. Glad no one was hurt.
Good news on your heat pump.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
110 heat index! Then in 15 minutes one inch of rain fell, now heat heading back up

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mowed the grass and it was hot and getting hotter .Storms out but nothing for us except the light show and thunder .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We were supposed to have 30 to 50mm rain last Monday but that never happened. They called for heavy rain fall warnings for Monday and Tuesday, we barely got enough to wet the grass! So we could use a good soaking rain cause the trees are starting to look yellow again.
Ponds look great and new upper ponds is just fabulous. Flowers are everywhere out front and people drive by slowly and stare :wideyed: at all my flower! :) eating Yummy jumbo salted peanuts from Virginia! !
20150730_162819.jpg
20150730_191348.jpg
20150730_162705.jpg
20150730_162718.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, your flowers look amazing, Colleen! I was wondering what the banana plants are you have this year? They are reddish in color. Can I assume they are not hardy, and do you put them in your greenhouse for winter?
We had TONS of rain in June, then it pretty much shut off the month of July. It's still very green in my yard, since there is a good stash of water under the ground, the water table was up to about 8" only about 3 weeks ago, but the surface is going to need water soon. I watered my landscaping before I left for UT to see my grand baby again, and potted plants get watered daily, but the grass will have to die if we don't get some good measurable rain soon. At home had one day of cooler temps at night, down to close to 60, but now back up to high 80's and low 90's, no rain, but humid. Yuck! Glad this doesn't last more than a month or so every year. And, I keep reminding myself, I have AC, and fall is coming. :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We have had very little rain this year and trees really suffering. At least we have enough water for garden as no water restrictions yet, even though river is dreadfully low. Summer almost over and August starts tomorrow so I won't have to water so much.
Now I have been asked to show my ponds again for Animal World Pond Tour, 15 August. I am starting to become popular and after the big Garden Tour, people around this town see me at work and tell me how nice it was to see my ponds. Even my mother heard about how extra lovely my yard and ponds were from people in her condo that seen the garden show.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Will @callingcolleen1 remember us, the Little People, when she hits the big time? Or will we just say "we knew her when"? ;)

Good for you Colleen! I hope you can lead many others to the joys of a backyard pond by showing them how much you enjoy your own little paradise! We need more ponds and more gardeners the world!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Still no rain here but at least i am getting closer to getting my driveway resealed since he has been getting caught up .I already made a video of the before driveway and ready for the after video .Colleen here we call August the dog days because it gets hotter and drier out .I just keep wishing for some liquid gold from the rain gods .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Usually it starts getting cooler at nights, by the middle of August. I would guess that I have 6 to 8 weeks left before the big frost gets here. Although this year has been way hotter and drier than normal so maybe we can still have nice weather to end of September or October. I can remember some years long time ago when I was kid, people were still riding bikes over Christmas cause weather was so mild. That would really be very nice, let's count down to first big frost, Mitch I am sure frost will get you first!

Ask a Question