sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I actually filmed it before the 19th but put date the 19th because that is my mom and mother in laws birthday and asked my son to post it on you tube for me because i was not home .Yep and the banana roots were causing my water leak problem .No leak just that they absorb lots of water when allowed to .They do a great job of cleaning the water .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it sucks! the weather that is, 100F index, actual 94F 15 degrees above normal. How in the world can I winterize early with this darn heat? Can't even be outside for any length of time

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol that usually does not happen. Where is the super cold winter they were predicting? They are saying we will be in the 90s for the next 7 days. if not longer.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Warmer here than normal for this time of year....been in the mid to upper 80's all week (humid) and will continue until early next week. Can't do much outside, seems you start to sweat with the least bit of exertion.

Did I ever mention that I hate the heat? :hungover:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
for now keeping pond but had no clue that banana plants that mature in water can actually suck up 3 to 6 gallons of water a day if allowed to grow in water and the hotter it is the more they will suck up water .And the ones on the side of the pond have leaves that are 5 feet long .I took the banana out and planted them by my back decks to shade them in the summer and just had people pick up 4 baby banana plants for around there pond and I showed them mine and warn every one about not planting them to close to the pond and how fast they grow .These banana plants are only 2 years old . .I just have to catch these toads .I tried again last night with the LED flashlight and could not get them .They watch me and as soon as i get close they are gone and ponddigger told me the flashlight would blind them so they are easier to catch ,But mine are smart cookies .I did get a butch of baby ones .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad to hear you are keeping the pond even if it's just for now. I am at work so when I was watching your video I didn't have the volume on so if you explained anything I didn't hear it.

Wow, They are only two years old and that big? :wideyed:

Good to hear you were able to catch some of the toads, that can't be fun :wacky:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep 2 years old and they use up a lot of miracle grow also .I got them and kept them in a flower pot the first year since I did not get them until late summer and I store them in the basement that winter .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
temp. outside says 97 and humid and no breeze at all and feels like it is over 100 degrees .We need rain but the dew with night time temps. close to low 60's helps a little with plants

Ask a Question