What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Raining today. It's supposed to switch over to snow tonight. The rain is welcome. Water table is pretty low for this time of year. I think many of my female fish are holding their eggs, looking for underground springs to lay them on. They should find plenty now. :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Drab, blustery, haven't seen the sun in days! Around 32f, but feels colder. It snowed lightly for an hour or so this morning, but only stayed on the vehicles, the ground is still too warm.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It said it was 28 degrees at 7 am but is now 55 degrees and a light breeze and going back up to 60's and 70's again next week and low temps at night in the mid 40's and 50's .Oh well Haro you need to move here and still get the weather changes but not so severe .I have to go look art a house my son found to buy .28 thousand and 2 acres of land on Plantation RD that is not even a mile from my house .Been on and off the market for 4 years and empty and was built in 2010 and looks like no one has ever lived in it ,cold have been a sales lot leftover they placed on land to see if they could sell it that way .I am not sure about double wides since they do not say who it was built by .Sad for houses here .I think since it is bank owned I can get it lots cheaper .Cash talks .I will go over it with fine tooth comb to see what is wrong with it .It is a factory built house .Take my level measuring tape and heat and cold sensing gun to look for air leaks .I can't test electric because it is not on .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi all! It actually wasnt to bad here today...65 and sunny so cleaned out the bog area (already took out the huge tarot and umbrella palms and calla lily's...sad day that was...and removed some tree leaves in there to boot. Hate seeing the kids all down so low in the deepness of the pond...but they all know it's coming I guess. Still have the waterfall running, but it's just not the same without all the plants in the bog anymore; so baron. Ugh alas fall is here and most of the leaves in my yard anyway have fallen. Bummer...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Rain and a 20 degree drop coming, then temps back to mid 70's again. It will be colder here than maryland

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I still need to take out my canna, Unbrella palm and Taro out of my cold ponds. Canna has froze off several times so I should move it into greenhouse today and store dry in cool area. The Taro and Unbrella palm are covered by plastic dome and still green. I should bring the taro in soon. Might save umbrella palm if I have room.
Weather still unusually mild and today we should get to 57 degrees and low of 30.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sissy, you are amazing! You will know for sure what that house has or doesn't have and what it will need. Lucky son you have!
Rebel, I don't remove any plants from my bog, other than the non-hardy ones, like the Elephant ears. Do you have hardy plants in your bog, or just tropicals?
It's going to be sunny and really nice here today, 67 is the predicted high! I am going to finally get all my tropical bulbs dug up (dahlias, elephant ears, and few others) and dried out to put in the basement for the winter. Got to clean my house, because puppies arrived yesterday! Denali had 6, but one was born dead, so that left 4 females and a male. Very happy with that ratio for sure!
and a male puppy.JPG

After get that done, going to cross stitch the rest of the afternoon, and watch more of Heartland from Netflix. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
She is very small for a Boston, only weighs about 13#. Yes, some small breeds, like Yorkies and toy poodles, etc. only have 1-2 puppies. Terrier breeds are much more hardy, and have 4-6 puppies, up to 8 puppies. I used to raise Rat Terriers many years ago, and they averaged 5 puppies. Denali has had 3-6 puppies in her litters. She has enough milk to nurse 8 puppies, I swear! The puppies are 2 days old today, and little chubbies already. She is a very good Mama, finally got her to go outside to go potty today. The first day or so they put everything into their newborns, and getting their own strength back. She was ready to go directly back to her brood, though, which is perfect.
It appears they are all brindles, with the exception of the puppy on the left, who looks like she will be black and white. The one with the really wide white on the face is the only male of the litter, which I'm thrilled about (only having one male, that is), since seems everyone wants females, and they bring a little more money.
puppy pile.JPG

Supposed to be cooler today, in the mid 50's, and rain coming in this evening according to the weather. It was sprinkling already earlier this morning, though. Three days of rain means lots of time to spend with the puppies and cross stitching! :)

Ask a Question