What is your weather like ... today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CountryEscape, Feb 6, 2012.

1. CountryEscape

mrsclem mrsclem

We lost our power for 3 1/2 hours. Was able to get the generator fired up to handle the pond pumps. Power company was amazing getting things fixed way ahead of what they had reported. There is going to be days of cleaning the ponds up after the winds stop. Lots of leaves, branches and gum balls in the ponds!

mrsclem, Mar 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

wind is still here but no power outage because Danville electric paid a company the last 3 years to take down all trees even near the power lines .I guess it has worked and bonus if the people chose to get firewood it was cut and piled up for them .Branch's were shredded and if you want free mulch you can go to Danville city works with a truck and get it and they will load it for you .All my leaves blew away to leaf heaven and nothing blew into the pond .My tax money at work .At least it is a cheap area to live .My 1000 dollars goes a long way .

sissy, Mar 3, 2018
    callingcolleen1 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. CountryEscape

JamieB

I’ll be back online Sunday or Monday, out camping in chilly temps, suffering a serious lack of coffee and warm weather. This is much more fun when it’s a bit warmer at night.

JamieB, Mar 3, 2018
  4. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

I hear lots w/o power and am sad to hear the loss of life from this major storm back East of us. Hope it is over now.

We are glad to be here right now w/our rain but at least right now it is sunny for a minute anyways.

Hope all of you here on this forum who live back East and in Canada where you are getting so much wind and snow will be ok and of course all your ponds also.

j.w, Mar 3, 2018
  5. CountryEscape

texmaster

Almost Absolutely PERFECT. 68 degrees and sunny

But for my humidity was too high :)

texmaster, Mar 4, 2018
  6. CountryEscape

JBtheExplorer Native Gardener

Tomorrow looks to be near 50°F again, but I see nothing but 30s next week. :(

JBtheExplorer, Mar 4, 2018
  7. CountryEscape

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

-18 Celsius (0 Fahrenheit) but birds outside are chirping outside like spring is coming... Even though we got tons of snow still frozen hard to ground. I think this winter was one of the coldest and longest I have seen for years. We also had very little chinook winds this year and so ground will be frozen extra hard. I suspect it will be still frozen for several more weeks so there will not be any early spring planting like some years. I remember some springs I was planting panzies in March! Not going to happen this year that is for sure.

Dreamed about bad summer storms all night, and running to save my little critters from the storm. Thank goodness it was all a dream...
    Hopefully the storms down east go away fast and hopefully everybody here is safe.

callingcolleen1, Mar 4, 2018
  8. CountryEscape

JBtheExplorer Native Gardener

Doesn't look like we'll get anywhere near 50 today. Could see up to 4" of snow tomorrow. So frustrating! I'm ready for spring. Can't wait any longer.

JBtheExplorer, Mar 4, 2018
  9. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Clouds, dark and rain showers this aft. Temps not too cold in the 40's.

j.w, Mar 4, 2018
  10. CountryEscape

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

I think were all desperate for spring and tired of waiting. I look back at some of my video's and I had my balls spinning in thr ponds and things were growing but this year I am stuck in the Arctic Tundra and the snow is never going to melt! The roads here around town are "hard packed snow" and you can't tell where the curb is as the hard packed snow made everyrhing disappear! At least I won't have to worry about running into the curb! Ha ha ha
    Its so bad that I only took my dumb Christmas tree down yesterday because hubby was making non stop fun and asking me when "Mongolian Christmas" was coming... Ha ha ha. I usually get it down around Ukrainian Christmas but that came and went with Chinese New Year and it still looks like Christmas outside!! Help! Going crazy waiting for Spring in Canada!

callingcolleen1, Mar 4, 2018
    BarbO, Tula and j.w like this.
  11. CountryEscape

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Climbed to 52 today, sunny tomorrow then snow for two days

addy1, Mar 4, 2018
  12. CountryEscape

JamieB

Cool morning, not horrible.

JamieB, Mar 5, 2018
  13. CountryEscape

Lisak1

I'm with @JBtheExplorer waiting for the snow they are predicting tonight - not cool Mother Nature... not cool. I wandered around the gardens and pond yesterday looking for signs of life - not much yet, but I know there's a whole lot going on under the soil!

Lisak1, Mar 5, 2018
    BarbO likes this.
  14. CountryEscape

JamieB

Just got home last night, only to turn around and leave again for my other job.

JamieB, Mar 5, 2018
  15. CountryEscape

JamieB

Weather was saying it was 46, but wintery precipitation. Nope, no precipitation. Winds up to 26mph. Things are blooming out here.

JamieB, Mar 5, 2018
  16. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Wet and 36f, forget about it, going to Costco!

j.w, Mar 5, 2018
  17. CountryEscape

Angel

was 41f yesterday had to brave the cold water and get in to my pond as i thought my main pump failed. after a little bit of testing prior thinking it may have been my outlet and trying a different outlet vie extension cord. was gonna pul it out and go to clean and try to save $300 usd. come to find out it disconnected from the waterfall hose. thank god. Took me a good 15 mins of progressively upping the water temp to feel my hands again.

Again thank got for the cattle panel and emt conduit 20171007_141017.jpg over the pond for leaf net i ddint have to actually get in just lay over it

Angel, Mar 5, 2018
    callingcolleen1 and j.w like this.
  18. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

@Angel Boy you have tiny and large screen protector. Nothing is getting in there, neither leaf nor beast :LOL:

j.w, Mar 5, 2018
  19. CountryEscape

JamieB

That’s a good idea!

JamieB, Mar 6, 2018
  20. CountryEscape

Angel

yeah i used the emt and cattle panal to keep the net off the pond so i didnt have to re set it ever few days due to rain and leaves and the occasional branch. works out great for that and the fact i can walk out on to it if needed. 5'6" 135lbs here

Angel, Mar 6, 2018
    j.w and callingcolleen1 like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question