sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well it is almost 8 am and no snow plows on our road and winds are gusting over 40 miles per hour .All my digging out was useless since we got more now and wind blew snow into path and then covered it all with at least 3 inch's of ice .At least no power went out .Even decks got covered again and wind blew 3 inch's of snow onto covered front porch .They say snow plows will not get to use until later in the day .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol sissy. It does. That is a load of snow. The bees are nicely clustered in the hives. So glad my neighbor put on the food i made for them

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my pond still has 3 small openings in the ice and snow .I wish I had gotten the plastic up but not enough time in the day .Now I have lots of time and can't do anything .Tried digging the snow out but can't get through the top layer of ice .I might break the shovel .Still a few bands of snow coming by ,but not much in them .Supposed to 40 degrees tomorrow and then 3 days of higher 40's .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love technology!!
tmp_16694-Screenshot_2016-01-23-06-03-51-11631387719.png

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It would have been a little OK but the winds are bad out there .I think the winds are gusting over 40 miles per hour because I almost got blown over a couple of times .I even had a hard time getting the side door open to get back in the house .I tried to clear the porch's back off but useless .The ones by the sliding glass doors at the back of the house are bad they have snow and ice 6 inch's up the doors and can't even open them now .I tried to keep the snow off there because I did not want that to happen .But blowing snow goes where it wants to .My son said NJ has gotten bad .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Looks like you are getting winds there addy .I know my brother lives near Norfolk VA and he said the winds are gusting over 65 miles per hour and they have storm surge .He lives a couple of blocks from the beach and works for Norfolk Southern rail road after ford plant laid him off after they closed .I love my cameras also addy .I can see the pond and outside without going out .

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not worried about getting to ponds as they look fine on camera but started shoveling front porch and sidewalk. Had a hard time getting the storm door open. 10" of ice and snow so far so its slow shoveling. At least the driveway doesn't need to be cleared till late tomorrow or Monday. Hubbys detained at work.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We won't be leaving until next weekend , fund delay. Heading to lake plesant to camp some more. The roads should be clear unless another storm comes.

Ask a Question