What it's like to build a pond (or anything cool).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Saw this today and found it relatable. For the record, I am currently at the end of the "Okay, but it still sucks" stage. It's much better than the dark swamp of despair, though. Glad to be out of that.

1_x4lvpEOn_4J7tI_wqIeN3w.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
and where is the stage where one circles the wagon of research, all the while ignoring requests that progress be made, CW, hmm? heh heh

I figured you hadn't been posting to YOUR thread lately because a large boulder's got you trapped against the retaining wall portion of your pond and you can't reach your phone to take a pic. (it's STILL part of your pond, right? You haven't moved it to the opposite side yet, have you?)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You all make me feel bad, I just dug holes filled with either water or pea gravel added a pump and was done..................Never thought that much about it, except making the land level for the pond and bog. And how many rocks to buy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You all make me feel bad, I just dug holes filled with either water or pea gravel added a pump and was done..................Never thought that much about it, except making the land level for the pond and bog. And how many rocks to buy.
so, are you saying you have(had) rocks in your head, @addy1 ??? :p (yahoo, smilies are back. You know, like GB, I was never really into them as I don't use a cell phone and didn't think smilies were that important--UNTIL I started replying on forums. Seems without them, you too often get misconceptions and then you have to scramble to fix feelings that never should have got bent in the first place!).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Some people think too much. I am one of them.

@brokensword: I mostly finished the retaining wall, roughed in a jet and am almost done digging out the negative edge cistern. Have a couple photos to post, and will do a video shortly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Great news, CW; sure hope by summer's end, when peeps like me are winterizing their ponds for NEXT season, that we get to see you parked pondside, your feet up, sipping that libation (don't we have an acronym for this??), muttering; 'YES! DONE! I get to enjoy my pond for...a week or so...'

:cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Great news, CW; sure hope by summer's end, when peeps like me are winterizing their ponds for NEXT season, that we get to see you parked pondside, your feet up, sipping that libation (don't we have an acronym for this??), muttering; 'YES! DONE! I get to enjoy my pond for...a week or so...'

:cool:
YES! LBTP (libations by the pond)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@brokensword: I actually sit out there with a drink in the evening frequently. Good for imagining what it will be like once it's not a giant dust bowl.
you know, if you have any more heat waves, you could always turn this project into a desert and import some gila monsters...

heh, but glad you're already sippin' and sittin'!

Ask a Question