What killing our fish..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello hope some one can help , we originally had fluke which we treated. Now we have this problem We are at total loss as to what is causing it. It only seems to effect gold fish. Not native minnows tench or Rudd
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DSCF0889.JPG
DSCF0890.JPG

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome, but so sorry you are joining under such circumstances!

I’m not an expert at all on fish diseases, but the usual questions we start out asking have to do with the environment of your pond set up. How large is your pond? How many (and what size) fish? What kind of filtration do you have? Do you test your water? Have you recently added any new fish that weren’t quarantined? And, a biggie....do you have any predators that could be going after your fish — birds, animals, turtles, etc.?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-4-3_9-46-2.gif
@Alanbutt
So sad to see this and hope you can find someone here to help you solve this horrid thing happening to your fish.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No predators. 200 gallon with filter designed for 1000 gallons . Water tests all good. 20 fish. Or was. We treated the fluke , this could be a secondary infection according to local dealer. Which we believe is where fluke came from first. Not brought any more from there since. There are different varieties of fish which have not been effected. Only the gold fish. I cant name all the breed for sure.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No predators. 200 gallon with filter designed for 1000 gallons . Water tests all good. 20 fish. Or was. We treated the fluke , this could be a secondary infection according to local dealer. Which we believe is where fluke came from first. Not brought any more from there since. There are different varieties of fish which have not been effected. Only the gold fish. I cant name all the breed for sure.
It would be good if you could give us the actual results of your water parameter tests. I wouldn’t add any more fish (sounds like you might be at your limit, depending on how big they all are).

Poor thing! Almost looks like something took a bite out of it. Maybe @Dave 54 would have some insight.

Ask a Question