What killing our fish..

Discussion in 'Illness and Disease' started by Alanbutt, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Alanbutt

Alanbutt

Hello hope some one can help , we originally had fluke which we treated. Now we have this problem We are at total loss as to what is causing it. It only seems to effect gold fish. Not native minnows tench or Rudd
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. DSCF0889.JPG DSCF0890.JPG

Alanbutt, Apr 3, 2018
    Mmathis likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Alanbutt

Mmathis TurtleMommy

Hello and welcome, but so sorry you are joining under such circumstances!

I’m not an expert at all on fish diseases, but the usual questions we start out asking have to do with the environment of your pond set up. How large is your pond? How many (and what size) fish? What kind of filtration do you have? Do you test your water? Have you recently added any new fish that weren’t quarantined? And, a biggie....do you have any predators that could be going after your fish — birds, animals, turtles, etc.?

Mmathis, Apr 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Alanbutt

j.w I Love my Goldies

upload_2018-4-3_9-46-2.gif @Alanbutt
    So sad to see this and hope you can find someone here to help you solve this horrid thing happening to your fish.

j.w, Apr 3, 2018
  4. Alanbutt

Alanbutt

No predators. 200 gallon with filter designed for 1000 gallons . Water tests all good. 20 fish. Or was. We treated the fluke , this could be a secondary infection according to local dealer. Which we believe is where fluke came from first. Not brought any more from there since. There are different varieties of fish which have not been effected. Only the gold fish. I cant name all the breed for sure.

Alanbutt, Apr 3, 2018
    Mmathis likes this.
  5. Alanbutt

Mmathis TurtleMommy

It would be good if you could give us the actual results of your water parameter tests. I wouldn’t add any more fish (sounds like you might be at your limit, depending on how big they all are).

Poor thing! Almost looks like something took a bite out of it. Maybe @Dave 54 would have some insight.

Mmathis, Apr 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question