What kind of dechlorinator is this?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Today I sent my brother to fish store to get dechlorinator. They gave him 100 small crystals for ₹100 for my 2200liter pond. What is this? and does really removes chlorine?
Previously I was using Rid-all Antichlorine solution, but this is something different.
On some googling I found that its something like Sodium thiosulfate.
IMG_1281.JPG

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Sodium thiosulfate is the main active ingredient in most Dechlorination products.
There is no way to know if what you received IS actually Sodium thiosulfate. I do not know how what you paid (converted into dollars) but what you are showing seems like a very small amount. Were any directions for dosage given?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
No additional directions were given. But he said that these are sufficient for 2200liters, put them all on the waterfall cascade and it'll dissolve in all the water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sodium thiosulfate is the strongest water dechlorinater on the market today. It is used mainly for film developing, candle and soap crafts, treating water in salt and freshwater aquariums, ponds and removing bleach from aquarium decorations. It dissolves fast in warm water. This product is safe for all fish, invertebrates, and corals. Chlorine is known to react with organic matter in the water to form trihalomethanes (THMs), a suspected carcinogen. Using Sodium Thiosulphate you can create a home-made mixture to remove chlorine from your pond water. Recipe: Make a solution consisting of 4 ounces (1/4 lb) Sodium Thiosulfate crystals (photo or technical grade) dissolved in 1 gallon of distilled or deionized water. Use 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of the solution for each 10 gallons of makeup water to neutralize up to 3.75 ppm chlorine. One cup can be used for each 500 gallons. (The entire one gallon of solution will treat about 7500 gallons of tap water.) The shelf life of the solution is about six months when stored in a cool location. The crystals will keep for several years if kept dry.

Ask a Question