What other forums do you frequent ?

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I was just thinking that it would be interesting to know what other area people were interested in. Generally when we are interested we belong to a forum related to the subject. I am not sure if it is ok to provide links so I will stick with names until I hear different.

I belong to ElectroTechOnline an electronics forum where I mostly discuss micro controller projects.

Site For Goldfish Keepers is a fancy goldfish site. Quite a few people into breeding show quality fish and others who just keep them.

TractorsByNet is a forum where people talk about their tractors and related topics. Lots of good info and help for most sizes and makes there. I have a Kubota BX2200 and a towable backhoe that I am using for pond construction.

I have a few friends over on American Ponds but it has been slow over there. They are a little more on the relaxed side.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
a different pond one
a garden one
a growing and harvesting plants one
two computer forums
a car one
a private friend forum

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Forums have killed my free time. I read and post a lot:
1) Sports - most busy during the season.
2) Reddit - not really a forum, but I post there.
3) News - Two papers, thankfully down to one as one of them became pay only.
4) Miscellaneous hobby forums.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I restrict my time on them to early am coffee drinking, waiting for the sun to come up, rainy days, or at night while watching tv, multitask. Or if sick a great way to pass the time.

Reaction score
Fieldlines.com (solar and wind energy forum)
SatelliteGuys and SatBeams (FTA satellite TV forum) and a dozen or so others related to the same topic
ExpertLaw (Legal matters forum)
and a catfish-fishing forum that I have lost along the way somewhere.
The rest I cannot list as the secret service, FBI and the ATF are monitoring this forum too closely.

The latter statement is not intended to be a joke. But I wouldn't tell you about it unless I found it humorous, and I do, to an extent.
They call me at work and visit my home and check my internet browser history, search my closets and my basement and attic, etc.
They find nothing every time. Just waste my time and theirs.
I could tell you why, explain it all, but then I'd have visitors again!
So I will put it simply as "Don't use certain words in combination with the titles of certain people in governmental offices."
And don't discuss specific patents of military design or energy conserving equipment that is NOT open to the public.
Nothing is private! That is all I can or will tell you.

Catfishnut (AKA ACWxRADAR)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
this forum and the related garden forum and thats it .Used to do the HGTV one but the shows and the forum both stink any more .

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
sissy said:
this forum and the related garden forum and thats it .Used to do the HGTV one but the shows and the forum both stink any more .
There used to be several good DIY programs on cable and uncle norm on public TV. They all had associated web content. For the most part it has all dried up. All fluff!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I also participate in a saltwater aquarium forum called Reef Central

sissy said:
Could you point me in the direction of this related garden forum please?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is posted at the bottom of the forum front page .You click on it and it takes you there and you can sign up .says garden forums and it is easy to click on it and go to it that way ian and becky simplified the connect to it

Reaction score
As far as visiting a forum, this one is it ...

I own two forums, that are very specific to my involvement in the dog world.
***One is specific to folks who either personally have a dog from us directly, or our dogs are behind their dogs. Most of the time, folks are just showing off their dogs or their newest show wins, but it is also a safe place to discuss the genetic health of their dogs without being fearful of being accused of breeder bashing, but full disclosure of full health is disclosed, and not hidden as most breeders do ... *** The other site is more of the same, but the pet owner perspective is addressed. More educational in nature.

Otherwise, I am a facebook addict, and aside from the normal friend chats, belong to several plant or recipe exchange groups.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I only visit this one. Need to get things done and if I had anymore I'd be in big trouble! Going to go now and live life or I'll be sitting here all day!

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Big Lou said:
Garden
Other pond forums (all low participation)
Audio/Video equipment
Automotive
News, local, national, international
Satellite TV carrier
Military
Building
Home repair
Medical
Facebook
DIY
Painting
Technical
Art
Photography
Bird
Animal
Can you suggest a good home repair forum. One which might be friendly to a person living in a double wide ?

Ask a Question