What plant is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just bought a house and it has a wildlife pond in it. I have been winter clearing it and found that it have lot and lots of this plant in the pond. It seem very invasive and have rotted with other plants. I cannot find it on web-pages that shows common pond plants.

Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• 20211113_194735.jpg
    20211113_194735.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 40

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No clue either.

Welcome to the forum!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you guys for looking though! I have no idea if it's a good or "bad" plant for the pond, I have taken out all free flowing and unrotted them from other plants. But saved a few good plants with good rot system incase they are a great plant

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just used my SEEK app to look at the pics. Now, understand that a picture of a picture may not be the most accurate…..but what it came up with is 1) something from the carrot family, 2) “Fool’s Watercress.” Maybe, go from there….

I love this app: SEEK by iNaturalist! I use it all the time, out and about. It will ID plants, insects, animals, birds.…. We were in Spokane, WA this summer and I used it to ID a marmot — an animal we don’t see down here in Louisiana!

Oh, and hello and welcome!

ps — https://www.wildfooduk.com/edible-wild-plants/fools-watercress/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just used my SEEK app to look at the pics. Now, understand that a picture of a picture may not be the most accurate…..but what it came up with is 1) something from the carrot family, 2) “Fool’s Watercress.” Maybe, go from there….

I love this app: SEEK by iNaturalist! I use it all the time, out and about. It will ID plants, insects, animals, birds.…. We were in Spokane, WA this summer and I used it to ID a marmot — an animal we don’t see down here in Louisiana!

Thank you! Very helpful! I will download and see where I end up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks very similar to the fools watercress. Going to have a look at it tomorrow in the pond, seems like although it's invasive it is a good insect and amphibious plant, so will replant it in an area where it hopefully will not tangle to much with my bigger pond plants

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

looks like you nailed it to me

Ask a Question