what pond pump would you suggest for 3000gal koi pond

Reaction score
Hi we need a new pump, our external pump got ruined with a flood. We're looking into hybrid submersible and external, was considering a little giant fp3 or a anjon monsoon ms3000, but wanted to see what you guys think or if you know of better pumps. Looking in the $200 to $300 range

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi we need a new pump, our external pump got ruined with a flood. We're looking into hybrid submersible and external, was considering a little giant fp3 or a anjon monsoon ms3000, but wanted to see what you guys think or if you know of better pumps. Looking in the $200 to $300 range
Never heard of a hybrid pump. What do you know about them, and what makes them "hybrid?"

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
have you checked online ratings or looked to see if they have a you tube video of them

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States

Neither of these pumps has the flow rate needed for a 3000 gallon pond. To prevent future water quality issues a minimum of 1 1/2 pond capacity (4500 gph) is recommended with twice the capacity (6000) being ideal. Biofiltration should be sized proportionately.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I would check the watt usage of any pump you buy. I have been happy with my Laguna pumps as they are cheap to operate. Have you looked at azpond's web site? They make it pretty easy to compare pumps including the one you mentioned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sorry! I thought it didn't matter how old the thread was. I think I posted to some other older threads as well. :oops:
You didn’t know but it was a little weird because Meyer Jordan unfortunately is not around anymore. When I saw he wrote something and didn’t see the date right away it surprised me. I think a lot of people miss him. He had always gave very good advice.

Ask a Question