What rocks or boulders do I use for my pond shelf

Reaction score
Country
United States
What type of rock should I put on my shelf for hiding my liner, preferably the cheapest, tell me if you need to know anything, thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lots of choices - have you been to a local rock supplier to see what's available? Rock prices will vary by location. Here in the midwest our cheapest choice was granite boulders... elsewhere that may not be the case.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
With all the plants and algae growing on my liner, I can't really see much of my shelves. But any rock or stones that are smooth without any sharp edges should be good.

Reaction score
As popconojoe said you won't see the shelf once things get established. After a year or two, the pond will be covered with a film that will camouflage the liner. In addition you will have plants on the shelf that will hide the liner. If you decide to put in rocks be careful that they aren't so heavy that they destroy the shelf.

Ask a Question