What The HELL ! :(:(:(:(:(

Reaction score
Hey all !
How are you ?

I'm having a new big issue with one of my recently cleaned pond.

It's been cleaned less than a month ago.

yesterday with the big rains all the water became dirty. I don't think it's the ton of mud like there was before since it's been removed but definitely a huge amount of particles ?

We came back from a trip Sunday at 2am. I checked the pond it was normal.
Monday afternoon it was just as not transparent as it was before we had it cleaned.

I wanted to cry.
I'm gonna add some stuff today to help get rid of whatever is troubling the water but that will never be enough on the long run if after just a month it is like that.

Shat are we supposed to do :( is it the responsibility of the company who did the cleaning ? To fix whatever is happening ?

Seriously we wouldn't spend that money for a pond that becomes disgusting after just a month !

I'm really annoyed and my dream zen garden pond looks again like a Sh*** hole centerpiece :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 420

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the rains probably rinsed dirt,mud, and clay off the rocks...a flocculant may expedite the clearing up of the water. and/or a bucket with a hole drilled thru the bottom to slide over your fountain pipe / tube and a bunch of holes around the side near the bottom. and filled with polyfill (pillow stufing) so the water goes up the pipe (no fountain head) and filters back thru the fiberfill and out the holes in the wall to the pond.... but a good hose down of all the new stone and a pump out and water change is an option as well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
To me it looks like dirt or sand could have washed out from the surrounding rocks and ground and some of it could be from the weather change .I think the company that cleaned it did a good job but mother nature stepped in to add her own flare to your pond .The couldy look though sure looks like it is stuff from the area around the pond and could be pollin also

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Make sure you don't have any spot where rain run off is flowing into the pond. I had one spot, a year ago or so, one really good rain and you could see the water turning brown as the mud flowed in.

The rocks, if new, will have debris, dirt on them, mine took a while to become clean

Koiguy's suggestion is a good one, it will help remove the debris from the water.

Reaction score
Thx... all the rocks had been washed before we filled the pond.

I'll take a pic today (the one I posted was one before the works)

they also redid the surroundings of the pond to make sure no rain water would come running into the pond again.

koiguy the thing you described is a filter no ?

Addy I looked all the time as the rain was falling and there was no cloud forming anywhere (which was the problem before the cleaning) it was very obvious from where the mud would come. Now nothing like that. they also lied a layer underground so stabilize the ground area and limit the dirt movements during big rains.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can use quilt batting also and it pics up all the fine stuff that is going into your pond .Not sure how your your water flows into the pond as all I can see is the fountain head .Do you have a waterfall or is there a filter some where .All I see is that one spot that goes off the pond .If you could put it somewhere where there is water flowing into the basket to pick up all the fine stuff it would work really fast .

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yes it is a temporary fines filter...it should clean up the water fairly quickly. your pump will send the water up the fountain tube and with the fountain head removed, the water will fall right back into the bucket filled with fiberfill. then it will travel thru the fiberfill , trapping the particulates in the water and drain out the holes along the bottomof the side wall of the bucket. adding a flocculant to the water will expedite this process...a flocculant is a liguid that binds together small particals to make larger clumps that the batting can more easily catch and hold. you may have to rinse or replace the pillow stuffing a few times before the process is thru. but the polyfill is cheap and you can keep it for future use...some of us will run a fines filter once in a while to help keep particulates to a minimum.​

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
wow.. look at the way my computer typed out my last post...it wont let me fix it..it keeps going back to that!...virus or malware!! it wouldnt let me start a new line either. this sucks!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well even though it typed it weird good information koiguy.

Reaction score
crap i had replied and it's all gone !

sissy and koiguy should I do that while there's already a filter in the pond ?

it's one that has to be cleaned each month-month and a half it's not even been 4 weeks yet. And i hate the idea of plunging my arms when I can't see through lol I know I'm a chiken.

They called me this morning about the other pond that had a liner issue. So i told them about this one and they are gonna come this week to check and see how to fix that. He is not sure wether the guys cleaned the rocks well enough and the stream. I had asked for it to be done though. So i'll find out when they come...

rebelangel if that's it that's toxic. But i really looks like clay color... plus they put that material (like described for the filter) to filter whatever rain would go through the mulch.

Reaction score
I insisted that I didn't want a treated mulch with artificial color because it's toxic. So far fish don't seem to have a problem.

i have to get a set of things to test the water... was gonna get it with the plants this week end but... plants will wait.

Ask a Question