What these creatures are?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
This morning when I was looking at the growth of my water plants, I found some weird creatures swimming around like a fish in those bucket. They're around one millimeter in length
QCuQUs1.jpg

If anyone can recognize them please let me know what they are

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
[QUOTEthis, post: 285300, member: 3238"]Copepods, tiny crustaceans. They eat microscopic plants and bacteria.[/QUOTE]
Ohh......I have never seen them before. Thats why asked and at once I thought its a kind of fish fry. Hehe

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Hey, Seen something strange. The 2 planted white buckets where I captured those Cyclops previously, now the inner surface of one of those buckets is very neat and white and the other bucket's surface looks very ugly(both were looking same few days ago) like some brownis dirt is sticked all round the surface.

Then I realized that there are 1000s of tiny creatures in that clear bucket of same length as cyclops. They swim n dive very smoothly like a water beetle and shape is also like beetles. And I'm thinking that somehow this bucket is cleaned by this army only.\

Comment please...Any idea what they are? or what they do? or where they came from? etc...

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
A photo would help, but I will venture to guess that they are probably Daphnia. One of the many, many different meio-invertebrates ubiquitous to fresh water environments.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
A photo would help, but I will venture to guess that they are probably Daphnia. One of the many, many different meio-invertebrates ubiquitous to fresh water environments.
Was not able to focus on them with digicam but somehow managed with mobile cam with a droplet for more closure look.
Not much clear but you can get an idea how they look
IMG_20151011_175432_AO_HDR.jpg IMG_20151011_175522_AO_HDR.jpg IMG_20151011_175858_AO_HDR.jpg IMG_20151011_180053_AO_HDR.jpg

Ask a Question