What to feed the fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What are some recommendations for feeding some Koi and Goldfish that I just acquired? Largest Koi is about 14 inches and they go down in size from there, most in the 8-12 inch range. A total of 9 of them and then a few goldfish as well. I have read to try and avoid food that use corn meal as the top ingredient. What brands of food do people recommend?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I feed Drs. Foster & Smith. Staple for Summer and Spring and Fall for cooler temps.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've never had a problem with the Laguna brand foods. Try the extruded ones for that size fish.
John

Reaction score
Country
United States
My fish dislike some of the foods I have bought. They taste them and spit them out............and do not later eat them.

I have bought very inexpensive from the grocery store and Amazon as well as more expensive Japanese koi and goldfish foods.

My fish's favorites are plain Tetra brand flakes and Omega sinking pellets. My mom's fish seem to not like flakes and eat some of the bigger pellets in brands mine spit out.

I have not figured out if it is just what they were used to............

Your fish may make the decision for you.

Ask a Question