what to look for if yor wondering what a spawn looks like...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
for you new ponders...
i thought i would share a bit of spawn footage... so the you might recognise what to look for... this is pretty casual here, it will get far more agressive and frantic. 2nd day of spawning.. first was the all "copper-orange" colored one. today the Sumi Orengi, the last one will be tommorrow most likely, or at least in the next few days. this may alll happen again, once or twice this season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Good video koiguy. When my goldfish go at it they will go for hours on end. The females get really worn down by the end of it if there are a lot of males chasing them.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So the big orange & black one is the female? I was looking for her to be "fat," but couldn't tell anything.

And is it basically the same for goldfish? I've watched them before but never saw eggs, so maybe they were just acting. I don't think any of the fish in my pond are much over a year old.

Ask a Question